Youth 2018/19

Nidds

I really hope that Matt uses more of our youth players in the first team. A result like this shows that we should not be bringing in loan players from any academy, even premier league ones. We have to give our players a chance.

Exehausted

I really hope that Matt uses more of our youth players in the first team. A result like this shows that we should not be bringing in loan players from any academy, even premier league ones. We have to give our players a chance.
Me and you could have the same football DNA. I've been saying this for years.

budegrecian

Do I take it that Chad Gribble has been appointed to replace Dan Green ? As I thought the post was only recently advertised.
Anyway sounds like an excellent performance by the youngsters; well done.

Especially if he's given the number 9 shirt to wear.
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the number 9 shirt is 'retired' unless one of Stanno's children plays for the 1st team at ECFC so if he does come through you can almost be certain he will be given the number to wear and give everybody else emotional overloud at the same time! :)

jimbo-gould

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the number 9 shirt is 'retired' unless one of Stanno's children plays for the 1st team at ECFC so if he does come through you can almost be certain he will be given the number to wear and give everybody else emotional overloud at the same time! :)
I’m fairly sure it’s been retired for 9 seasons. Would be great if his son could make the grade!

Jammers20

I’m fairly sure it’s been retired for 9 seasons. Would be great if his son could make the grade!
Same as I thought, just for 9 seasons. but I would hold it longer just in case his son does make it! would be special to have a Stansfield be the first player to wear the number 9.

andrew p long

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same as I thought, just for 9 seasons. but I would hold it longer just in case his son does make it! would be special to have a Stansfield be the first player to wear the number 9.
Agreed, but let's not pile too much pressure on the lad. Most 16 year olds at Football League clubs don't make it, even if their fathers are pros themselves. He shouldn't feel pressure to achieve just because of his Dad.