• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Young Guns

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Barring new injuries and assuming Oakley isn't ready I predict Tis' starting lineup on 3 August will be:

Krysiack
Dawson Baldwin Coles Woodman
Sercombe Bennett Doherty Gow Davies
O'Flynn

One "young gun", and him only because Tully delayed too long signing a contract.
One up front at home. (facepalm)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
One up front at home. (facepalm)
I hope I'm wrong and Tis does go for a more positive approach, but the omens are not good. Yesterday's formation and tactics promised much the same as last year, until the last quarter when Parkin, Reid and Wheeler came on and we instantly looked livelier.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Wouldn't be surprised if we get more of the same, but playing prem and champ sides in friendlies is never likely to tell us much. I appreciate the games we have played will have made us more revenue but to get a better judge of the team IMO we need to be playing L1,L2 and Conf sides.

IndoMike

Wouldn't be surprised if we get more of the same, but playing prem and champ sides in friendlies is never likely to tell us much. I appreciate the games we have played will have made us more revenue but to get a better judge of the team IMO we need to be playing L1,L2 and Conf sides.

You're right there. Surely that will give us a much better idea of where we really stand

IndoMike

Depending on circumstances :
Kryz
Dawson, Bennett, JMT, Woodman
Keohane, Oakley, Gow, Gosling
Reid, Parkin

Subs : Baldwin, Sercombe, Doherty, Wheeler, O'Flynn, Pym, Nichols.

Wouldn't let Davies anywhere near the team nor Bennet if not centre back.

Bed Taker

My team for the first game would be:
Krysiak
Dawson, Coles, JMT, Woodman
Bennett, Doc, Sercombe
Reid, Parkin, Gosling

Used subs Keohane for Reid or Gosling for fresh legs at 65, Oakley for Doc when he is fooked after 70 mins as usual, Gow or Oflynn if required

Red red

I don't get the comments, understand that it will not be city's best ever team but the total lack of support on this forum makes me think most are argyle fans.Not one to be a yes man but the young guns are city's future and we must support most are local lads and slagging off before they start is totally wrong.
I hope the young guns do come and prove the likes of so called supporter Grecian Jay what a argyle he must be.
I for one will be there against the Gas and hope that gosling,Reid or wheeler scores the winner

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't get the comments, understand that it will not be city's best ever team but the total lack of support on this forum makes me think most are argyle fans.Not one to be a yes man but the young guns are city's future and we must support most are local lads and slagging off before they start is totally wrong.
I hope the young guns do come and prove the likes of so called supporter Grecian Jay what a argyle he must be.
I for one will be there against the Gas and hope that gosling,Reid or wheeler scores the winner
I think you will find that Jay would love the youngsters to be given a chance. It's the has beens like Davies and non entities like Bennett that shouldn't be in the team.

exeterrobbo5

cant believe all the negative talk of the coming season.if the players ever look at this site im sure they would like to prove the doubters wrong.you are the best supporters to play infront of, so get behind the team from the start and enjoy a good season.young or old they need you the fans.
EXETER CITY, my team.whatever.

malcolms

You call him a Yeovil fan on another thread...make your mind up.....