• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Young Guns

Langer

With a fair few of the younger players expected to be in the first team anyone got any details of there youth record who is the most prolific or one to watch? :)

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't get excited mate, today's starting line-up is proof if needed that youth will not be as relied on as some think.

Bed Taker

How is it proof? Any that were in contention played the day before so obviously had little chance of playing. Maybe the occasion of Swansea is a bridge too far for some of the youngsters. Just coz they weren't given a game v Swansea, it doesnt mean they won't play this season, does it?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Barring new injuries and assuming Oakley isn't ready I predict Tis' starting lineup on 3 August will be:

Krysiack
Dawson Baldwin Coles Woodman
Sercombe Bennett Doherty Gow Davies
O'Flynn

One "young gun", and him only because Tully delayed too long signing a contract.

GrecianWonder

Barring new injuries and assuming Oakley isn't ready I predict Tis' starting lineup on 3 August will be:

Krysiack
O'Flynn

One "young gun", and him only because Tully delayed too long signing a contract.
And the bench would be.... ?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Well Oakley and Parkin would be two, expect the rest would be keohayne and youngsters unless wheeler signs as no one else left.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Krysiack
O'Flynn

Think that lineup is about right for what tisdale will go for.

Half of those players will be injured quite a bit, judging on previous seasons, so some of the youngsters will get a chance fairly shortly.

Not worn fryer tuck costume for a while as it does
The more I read the more depressed I get, this is going to be one shockingly bad season and not just from a results perspective, and we thought the style of football was bad last season.........:(

crocks

I think it was a few weeks back when one poster on here said that in all the years they have been supporting City, they cannot remember a time when they were so not looking forward to the new season. Feel the same to be honest.

Its going to be a real struggle and the greatest problem will be a lack of goals.

Grecian_Jay

The abnnoying thing is all you get back is "we've always been crap, goand support Man U". It's not the being crap that's the problem, it's the terrible-to-watch way we're doing it. The same old fools will come back with "it was worse in Blakey's years", no it really wasn't. The football now is worse, players just as bad and we're still **** out of cash.

Safest bet in the world is to back Rovers to beat us.