• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town vs Exeter City - EFL Trophy match day thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
A shame that Hammy's penalty save was omitted !

Matt Russell

meaningless competition but always good to get a result.
I'd have thought that the results in a meaningless competition would be thought by those who think like that to also be meaningless. Mind you, James Hamon and several others might disagree with you.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry if this has been discussed but Darren Way is hinting that we will be paying a fine for playing a weakened side.

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/features/interview.asp?InterviewId=2192

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry if this has been discussed but Darren Way is hinting that we will be paying a fine for playing a weakened side.

Except that is utter nonsense. While we only had two players that started the Lincoln match in our outfield 10, we also had a number of other "qualifying" players on the basis of having made more than 40 first team appearances in their career, as well as loanee O'Shea, who is also a "qualifying" player.

"Qualifying" players, as I understand it, amongst our starting outfield 10, were:

Woodman
O'Shea
Tillson
L Martin
Stockley
Boateng

So shove that up your pipe and smoke it, Way.

PeteUSA

Why on earth is he suggesting we played "a weak side" when we ended up winning? Even if we did, what is he trying to gain by raising the issue? It makes no sense.

Just as an aside, maybe we should have played our first choice keeper? I have no clue regarding the format. As a competition, I wish that Harvey character would admit its been a failure in general, and scrap it. It doesnt work in the slightest; just no point.

IndoMike

Except that is utter nonsense. While we only had two players that started the Lincoln match in our outfield 10, we also had a number of other "qualifying" players on the basis of having made more than 40 first team appearances in their career, as well as loanee O'Shea, who is also a "qualifying" player.

"Qualifying" players, as I understand it, amongst our starting outfield 10, were:

Woodman
O'Shea
Tillson
L Martin
Stockley
Boateng

So shove that up your pipe and smoke it, Way.
I second that....

Temporarily Exiled

Just as an aside, maybe we should have played our first choice keeper?
I mean, we have to give Hamon some game time - and by all accounts, he acquitted himself quite well on Tuesday night. I still think he needs more time out on loan, but that would require us getting in another goalkeeper (probably on loan) as cover, and that's a tough-sell. "Hey, come to Exeter, sit on our bench!"

Last edited:

IndoMike

Why on earth is he suggesting we played "a weak side" when we ended up winning? Even if we did, what is he trying to gain by raising the issue? It makes no sense.

Just as an aside, maybe we should have played our first choice keeper? I have no clue regarding the format. As a competition, I wish that Harvey character would admit its been a failure in general, and scrap it. It doesnt work in the slightest; just no point.
And that...(but not about Pym)

IndoMike

Doesn't say much about his team. does it?