• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where did it all go right?

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kidding yourself could be that you know something different but are denying it, or it could be fixing upon a viewpoint or outcome and refusing to hear or look at anything that may prove that viewpoint or outcome to be untrue therefore fooling (kidding) yourself that you are correct.
The perfect catch 22. I may be kidding myself if I hold a point of view that others will argue against because I feel I am not kidding myself, yet the very act of feeling I am not kidding myself means I must be kidding myself to those whose arguments I disagree with. No way out unless I agree. Hmm. One day maybe the truth of it all will be learnt from Tisdale.

tonykellowfan

For me it went right when we signed Reid and he turned out to be the player that we hoped he could be.

I would love to see the stats on how our win % changed once he was in the side.

ExeterCityLad

For me it went right when we signed Reid and he turned out to be the player that we hoped he could be.

I would love to see the stats on how our win % changed once he was in the side.
Not sure what time scale you want it over but..

10 games before he signed.
LWLLWLLLWL

10 games after he signed
LWLLDWWLW

Last edited:

Exe on Valdez

LWLLWLLLWL

10 games after he signed
LWLLDWWLW
To help you interpret, the Ws represent away matches and the Ds and Ls are homes. :D

Antony Moxey

We drew at home?????

Colesman Ballz

LWLLWLLLWL

10 games after he signed
LWLLDWWLW
Er em you have only listed NINE matches after he signed. :S

ExeterCityLad

Er em you have only listed NINE matches after he signed. :S
Should have read:
LWLLDWLWLL

ExeterCityLad

We drew at home?????
8th October against Grimsby

Red Bill

The perfect catch 22. I may be kidding myself if I hold a point of view that others will argue against because I feel I am not kidding myself, yet the very act of feeling I am not kidding myself means I must be kidding myself to those whose arguments I disagree with. No way out unless I agree. Hmm. One day maybe the truth of it all will be learnt from Tisdale.
Haha, i'll just have to doff my hat to you for that post Geoff. Such a perfect argument that means we can both use to prove ourselves right. You should have been a diplomat!!!

Colesman Ballz

The 'ethos' I was referring to was was the idea of building a home grown side through the academy and using the academy to generate funds via selling the academy products. This isn't my assessment or inference, it was something he personally directly told us (when a guest at a GWG meeting) about what he was told at interview was expected of the successful candidate for the job. So I'm afraid its not true to say that it was him who shaped or helped mould this ethos, it was a stated aim, that as I said he bought into. I believe he played a big role in making a success of this and almost certainly drove and helped shape to processes that led to that success, but the ethos was already there.

Kidding yourself could be that you know something different but are denying it, or it could be fixing upon a viewpoint or outcome and refusing to hear or look at anything that may prove that viewpoint or outcome to be untrue therefore fooling (kidding) yourself that you are correct.
Given that I was on the interview panel representing the Trust, I can confirm that emphasis was given to Tis on the importance of our Academy.