• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was the last pub you visited...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Do you answer all the politics questions ?
Despite the fact I was in a room full of political activists, I did have to intervene when, in answer to the question "Who was Prime Minister between 1970 and 1974" my team (some of whom were fully grown adults by then) wanted to write down Harold Wilson. Had to argue until I was blue in the face before they changed it to the correct answer. However, it was my knowledge of Chaka Demus & Pliers that got us over the line.

There was a real coincidence in that the other function room at the pub was taken up with the local Labour group holding hustings for their proposed candidates for the local elections. Our quizmaster, our MLA, stated that anyone caught looking at their phones would be sent to "a dark place....the Labour meeting next door".

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hard to believe people of that age could forget the curmudgeonly Grocer.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ferry Inn
The Enbankment
Castle Inn
Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem (Oldest Pub In England - Apparently !)

All In Nottingham

StroudGrecian

Cross Keys
Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem
Canalside

All in Nottingham too. Cross Keys a new one for me.

Nottingham Brewery's EPA in the Trip to Jerusalem was worth the trip on its own.

IndoMike

Despite the fact I was in a room full of political activists, I did have to intervene when, in answer to the question "Who was Prime Minister between 1970 and 1974" my team (some of whom were fully grown adults by then) wanted to write down Harold Wilson. Had to argue until I was blue in the face before they changed it to the correct answer. However, it was my knowledge of Chaka Demus & Pliers that got us over the line.

There was a real coincidence in that the other function room at the pub was taken up with the local Labour group holding hustings for their proposed candidates for the local elections. Our quizmaster, our MLA, stated that anyone caught looking at their phones would be sent to "a dark place....the Labour meeting

Sooooory. Mind went blank.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Hard to believe people of that age could forget the curmudgeonly Grocer.
Reminds me of a Private Eye cover :
Heath to the populous) : You've never had it so good!
AN Other (to Heath) : You've never had it!

No further comment.

Last edited:

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem
What time were you in there ? Our paths may have crossed unknowingly

LOG

Went to Oddfellows last night for a couple of pints and some grub. Unfortunately they ran out of any beer of note so i was reduced to larger lol. Top notch food though.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Called into a packed "The Messenger" here in Swindon last night. As soon as the footy finished there was a mad rush for the door. Sky Sports certainly pays for itself in that establishment.

StroudGrecian

What time were you in there ? Our paths may have crossed unknowingly
Saturday's tour of the castle caves disgorged us very handily at 12.30pm at the door of Ye Olde Trip - so from then until about 2pm, when we headed towards Meadow Lane. We were in the first cavern as you came in the door.