• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was the last pub you visited...

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saturday's tour of the castle caves disgorged us very handily at 12.30pm at the door of Ye Olde Trip - so from then until about 2pm, when we headed towards Meadow Lane. We were in the first cavern as you came in the door.
I was in Post Match 7pm so paths did not cross - very quirky place though

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
The BeeHive in St Albans, a great pub for that "late" drink after the locals have shut

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Various in Gloucestershire on Saturday:

The Corner Cupboard in Winchcombe after our walk.
The Woolpack in Slad, which has connections with Laurie Lee, but didn't have a cider with anyone called Rosie.

Then, back in Stroud:

Quick one at the Little George, the lovely micropub.
Dinner at the Curio Lounge, where the female to male ratio was quite staggering.
The Retreat, where the barmaid I fell head over heels in love with last year was still working. *Sigh*

Alistair20000

The Woolpack in Slad, which has connections with Laurie Lee, but didn't have a cider with anyone called Rosie.

Then, back in Stroud:

Dinner at the Curio Lounge, where the female to male ratio was quite staggering.
The Retreat, where the barmaid I fell head over heels in love with last year was still working. *Sigh*
Did you bump into the Stroudmeister ?

Any pics of the barmaid ? ;)

Ashford Grecian

The Farriers Arms, St Albans before the Luton game... Proper little back street local with darts board... Had to wait a few minutes for someone to come down the road and unlock pub door from the outside just after midday!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Moonrakers, Swindon. Had rather more than intended early yesterday evening.

Avening Posse

The Wetherspoons in Teignmouth last night. Standard wetherspoons, Otter beer, surprisingly busy for a Thursday

StroudGrecian

Then, back in Stroud:

Some good choices there Jason, particularly the Woolpack and the Little George. I was in the Ale House on Saturday afternoon, which is well worth a visit for the beer connoisseur.

BTW that barmaid is still my mate's daughter though she is 19 now, not 18 as previously.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Some good choices there Jason, particularly the Woolpack and the Little George. I was in the Ale House on Saturday afternoon, which is well worth a visit for the beer connoisseur.

BTW that barmaid is still my mate's daughter though she is 19 now, not 18 as previously.
Depends which barmaid you're referring to (there were two females working there on Saturday) - my darling could well be 19, mind. Brunette, quite unusual hairstyle.

StroudGrecian

quite unusual hairstyle.
:) Doesn't narrow it down much in Stroud.