• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Webby

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
This thread is full of the sublime and the completely ridiculous.

Whichever way you look at it, Mr Webb has stood down at a time when he considers his work "done". Anyone, the most deluded aside, can see that the job of the Gargoyle trust is nowhere near finished. Indeed, it has only just begun.

If James Brent is all he's being cracked up to be, he'll be fully aware that the Trust, having helped to elevate him, should now be positioning itself to scrutinise his every move.

Instead, all the mainstays of the operation have disappeared over the horizon on their trusty (like the pun?) steeds.

Any sane football supporter knows that the the vast majority of owners come into a football club with the right intentions. Very few leave in this way.

If you cut through the crap, and have a laugh at the small amount of banter contained on this thread, there is a VERY important message to be heard.

Now the Gargs are saved, those of us with a Grecian allegiance, and football at heart, can start to laugh once more.

As for the "oh how we continue to laugh" quote... Gus, Ivan and a myriad of others don't seem to be laughing so much these days. However, the Grecian mainstays of the Banter base still remain, their numbers having been swelled in these times of triumph.

And whichever way you look at it, it IS extremely funny.

:D
[ecfc]

grecian55

As I say Graham, always had a lot of time for you, but on here, you seem to play up.

The '£300k' IF it ever existed, was paid by 'BIL' for exclusivity, but they promised another £700k but it never turned up, then they went into a sham SPA and that was that.

Complete and utter fit up, and P&A had better watch out, as they will be investigated.
Serious question Porkus :- will the investigation also include a good hard look at Mr Risdale ?
You know the bloke who ruined Leeds and is currently in trouble due to problems at Cardiff ?
Who in their right mind would put him in charge of a football team in any capacity ?
James Brent is a "respected" business man ? who the hell got him involved with Risdale ?
If you ran a company would you bring in someone who was a rather dodgy character ,would you not be worried ?

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Porkus, this is probably the most pathetic display I've seen from you. RtP may be a massive creeper (he is) but you calling him on it is one of the biggest pot-kettle-black situations in history.

And enough of the f*cking ad hominems! Either defend your club or don't, but stooping to name-calling is frankly embarrassing.

Ridsdale is here because he is useful to Brent, the staff seem think highly of him too. He doesn't have the keys to the safe so I'm not worried about.

As Ian said earlier echoing what ********, RW and my own sources said earlier, Exeters problems are far from behind from. Neither are ours, nor anyones.

The difference is we probably won't have a 200 page thread on PASOTI gloating about it.

Last edited:

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
How so mate? In what way? I'm just trying to reconcile my thoughts about the whole process. With respect, it's you that seems to be "playing up". Its generally accepted that Heaney paid considerably more than £300,000 to PandA isn't it?

I'm surprised that you think he had Japanese backers. I'd not heard that one. And isn't it the Charity Commision that are doing the investigating? :S
The Charity Commission investigated the 'loan' of the £320k from the original Trust to the football club, just days before it went into admin.

I believe that investigation has now finished.

By the way, JB is paying that back, in full, even though it's not a secured debt.

BIL put £300k into exclusivity, not Heaney, and not a penny more.

IJN

Serious question Porkus :- will the investigation also include a good hard look at Mr Risdale ?
You know the bloke who ruined Leeds and is currently in trouble due to problems at Cardiff ?
Who in their right mind would put him in charge of a football team in any capacity ?
James Brent is a "respected" business man ? who the hell got him involved with Risdale ?
If you ran a company would you bring in someone who was a rather dodgy character ,would you not be worried ?
Ridsdale is NOT in trouble so that is that one out.

As for what he's doing at the club, the answer is about 20 hours a day.

No need to put 'respected' in quotation marks 55, he is respected, by all that deal with him and work with him.

IJN

Porkus, this is probably the most pathetic display I've seen from you. RtP may be a massive creeper (he is) but you calling him on it is one of the biggest pot-kettle-black situations in history.

And enough of the f*cking ad hominems! Either defend your club or don't, but stooping to name-calling is frankly embarrassing.
You're probably right BFS, but hey ho.

As for defending my club, I always will, particularly against you six toed inbreds, it's the way it should be.

As I've said many a time, I've got pals, real pals, I've met (that' face to face, real meeting) but one thing from this is obvious, the deep seated 'hatred' for PAFC has been bought about by total dominance of our club over years. When that dominance returns, as it surely will, many thousands of Argyle fans will really enjoy it, more than ever before.

Grecian Max

Ridsdale is here because he is useful to Brent, the staff seem think highly of him too.

As Ian said earlier echoing what ********, RW and my own sources said earlier, Exeters problems are far from behind from. Neither are ours, nor anyones.

The difference is we probably won't have a 200 page thread on PASOTI gloating about it.
Again, another thick as f*ck Janner, bloody defending Ridsdale as 'useful'

Can you not see he has engineered situation after situation to remain in a position at the club and have the 'I was key in saving Argyle' tag added to his excellent CV <smirk> Constantly changing allegiances - the bloke is just in it for himself.

Walking holiday FFS. Pathetic display from Argyle fans once again, it's as is you enjoy being repeatably rodgered by 'businessmen'.

Brent ain't the answer, a few years of mediocrity in the Conference and you'll be calling for the head of man who admits he's not even into football! Bookmark this comment, because it'll happen, just like most other Grecian predictions on BB over the last 5 years.

Grecian Max

Ridsdale is NOT in trouble so that is that one out.

As for what he's doing at the club, the answer is about 20 hours a day.

No need to put 'respected' in quotation marks 55, he is respected, by all that deal with him and work with him.
Hahahahahaha of course you'd back that slimey Yorkshire piece of work, he's full sh*t, just like you.

Your arrogance is astounding, especially considering how close you came. Now your back giving it the big one over your local hotelier geek of an owner and, of course 'Our Peter'

What a stitch up.

Last edited:

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
As for defending my club, I always will, particularly against you six toed inbreds, it's the way it should be.
And I'd expect nothing less, but actually defend them rather than pathetically trying to redirect the conversation or label people as xyz.

Maybe you can help me though, seeing as no-one else has provided an answer... what the f*ck difference did Webby and Co make? Because they sure as sh*t didn't save the club, that was done by Brent (and the extent to which he's saved it remains to be seen. I think you've got some time in the wasteland to spend). He was always the backup option, so PAFCST can't claim the responsibility for that.

Also a simple yes/no: is Ridsdale a net positive or negative for your club?

Last edited: