• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Webby

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ian is a total mong. An ugly buffoon.

Chris Webb is too. Are you going to call me next :D

To think they have such power over the Argyle faithful will seem surprising to us as we aren't from that rather odd town near Cornwall. But perhaps they represent their fanbase? Afterall I remember the JPT game last year well, Ian would certainly fit in well with that lot.

Last edited:

shagger

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Afterall I remember the JPT game last year well, Ian would certainly fit in well with that lot.
What, you mean the same "Ian" who swore, on the holy relics of St Sluggy of Sarfend, that from his vantage point up in "Corporate" there was absolutely no post match nawties whatsoever...

....and even if there was (and there WASN'T!!) it was only because innocent bands of Swilly chavs were needlessly set upon by marauding hoardes of pensioners, women and children clad in red and white.

And after all IT MUST BE TRUE - the fat, obscene, bloated, disingenuous Charlie Uniform November Tango spent enough time on here at the time telling us that it was thus!

Jersey Tone

Must admit, it always makes me smile when Porkie calls me "Graham". He's pretty much the only poster that uses this little trick, a reminder that in this virtual world, he wants people to know our names, and remind us all that it's all incredibly serious.
Classic OB psychology, old habit die hard!! His person offspring, ArgylePaula, does the same thing.

Tringreen

Classic OB psychology, old habit die hard!! His person offspring, ArgylePaula, does the same thing.
A total embarrassment. Wonder what his latest hero Dear David Brent, makes of it all ? It's hardly wax jackets and range rovers, when out with Porkie and the Stonehouse secondary mod boys !8-|

grecian55

I see the Porkmeister is busy "outing" RTP on his facebook page .

Grecian Max

Haha, checked out his facebook, some great quotes there :D

Bully Ian:

"James Brent is a fine man and a great owner of our club. Saying that I'm going to have a barney with someone who works at PAFC. Why, because he's an ungrateful d*ck!!"

The in-crowd Ian:

"Well done Webby, proud to be a pal!!"

And Bully Ian again (although I would suggest that RtP won't take that lying down):

"Neil Pym 'Financial Consultant', aka RtP is a complete and utter *****. No wonder us Argyle fans have problems with some Exeter City fans. A complete and utter t*sser"

What a guy!

Last edited:

shagger

What sort of sad weirdo slags someone off in their facebook status who isn't one of their friends? And he calls ATD freaks :)

Mackster

Haha, checked out his facebook, some great quotes there :D

Bully Ian:

"James Brent is a fine man and a great owner of our club. Saying that I'm going to have a barney with someone who works at PAFC. Why, because he's an ungrateful d*ck!!"

The in-crowd Ian:

"Well done Webby, proud to be a pal!!"

And Bully Ian again (although I would suggest that RtP won't take that lying down):

"Neil Pym 'Financial Consultant', aka RtP is a complete and utter *****. No wonder us Argyle fans have problems with some Exeter City fans. A complete and utter t*sser"

What a guy!
Excusable for your typical 14 year old on FB, shamefully embarrassing for a 50 year old bloke.

Spoonz Red E

Chris Webb?

Mixed feelings.

I think he did a great job in galvanising some last ditch resistance against PandA's brinkmanship and did it with a lot of positive energy and effective communication but ....

I'd have liked to have seen him stay within the Trust having gotten an elected mandate and try to build an effective supporters' voice that way.

The proof of the president's pudding is in the eating and I wish him, as my user name would naturally suggest, an unbent spoon. (<--- Banter that is)

I don't think the 'We have our club back' line he uses is true yet - other than on an emotive level. It's still a club in private, autonomous ownership with no upfront investment provided and Peter Risdale as football chairman. Granted .. I've read the comments about having witnessed Peter close up 'working his socks off for the club' but he has history and it's not unwarranted. And as for his opening throw of the dice about 'a walking holiday' .... well really.

James Brent may well prove to be a good owner for Argyle if he holds it to a sensible business model and good for him and them if it works. However, there is a huge bridge building job to be done both with the Plymouth community and on the supporter front. A strong supporter's trust would help both those causes. From experience it'll be a long hard slog.

It was also a bit weird to read page after page of 'well done, we're all behind you, god bless you mucker' type posts on the Pasoti thread set up to thank James Brent. If Argyle fans are so quick to invest saintlyness on James of Akkeron they may want to rename their stadium accordingly and that could breed all sorts of confusion - despite Newcastle's creation of a vacancy. (<--- Banter again) Seriously though, this could easily give hostage to fortune.

Bucket jokes? I didn't mind them at all. As someone who used to regularly stalk the three stands on matchdays with bucket in hand they never once
made me want to fly off the handle (<-- see what I did there?)

Porkus?

He's stated clearly he doesn't believe in the Trust model and he supports Plymouth Argyle - just two positions I can't get to grips with; but some of the undiluted vitriol on here makes the **NO PERSONAL ATTACKS** rider on this section about as redundant as a Katherine Hamnett T-Shirt.

Hold on a minute.

Porkus?, Ham net t? Some connection surely? (<-- Final bit of Banter)