• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Matt Russell

The wedge would've made an ideal spot for a disabled covered area.....would then free up lots of terrace space on the BB
The wedge can only be used once - choice is to provide additional toilet and refreshment facilities.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
The wedge would've made an ideal spot for a disabled covered area.....would then free up lots of terrace space on the BB
Lots of clubs have wheelchair areas stuck in the corners of the pitch - usually as an afterthought. This would also mean the wheelchair users would be outside of any stand and lose the atmosphere generated. It's not the best place to watch from if you have no option to choose a position.

Several wheelchair users also choose the Big Bank because they can get close to the goal and they have other mates on the Big Bank who meet up with them during the game.

We're pretty good in that we have two raised areas, a dedicated away area, large bays behind the goal and now two new areas (16 places) near the halfway line.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lots of clubs have wheelchair areas stuck in the corners of the pitch - usually as an afterthought. This would also mean the wheelchair users would be outside of any stand and lose the atmosphere generated. It's not the best place to watch from if you have no option to choose a position.

Several wheelchair users also choose the Big Bank because they can get close to the goal and they have other mates on the Big Bank who meet up with them during the game.

We're pretty good in that we have two raised areas, a dedicated away area, large bays behind the goal and now two new areas (16 places) near the halfway line.
Once the NOG is populated with the old farts from the OOG there won't be any atmosphere. Except old farts.

Spoonz Red E

Once the NOG is populated with the old farts from the OOG there won't be any atmosphere. Except old farts.
:) Still better than a shed in the corner.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't remember which post but I seem to recall someone posted a minimum width requirement for walkways earlier in the thread.
There are safety elements to consider even when dealing with normal exiting from the park.
Also, there could be an emergency where evacuation to the pitch would not be suitable (bomb scare, explosion, something landing on the pitch itself)
A new and added factor for that stand is the two rows of seats in Block C & D for wheelchair users.
The walkway along the Jungle Path is definitely 3 metres wide, not sure that in front of the NOG is quite this wide but the pitch gives passing room I suppose. As you say, this is the access to wheelchair spaces (in Block A as well as C and D, I think, though the Block A ones can presumably be reached from the away end).

Grecian2K

I thought Perryman had gone?

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought Perryman had gone?
But me and my mates are still here.:D:D

"Sing it long, sing it loud I'm and old fart and I'm proud!"

grecian1312

God forbid the big bank ever be a seated stand, would be a tragedy!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
God forbid the big bank ever be a seated stand, would be a tragedy!
Dems de rules. All seated in the PL and Championship, though you have three years' grace if not already so configured and if you go back down escape the rule.

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/regulation/all-seated-football-stadia

grecian1312

Dems de rules. All seated in the PL and Championship, though you have three years' grace if not already so configured and if you go back down escape the rule.

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/regulation/all-seated-football-stadia
I know mate, hopefully if and when city ever get that high the rules will be different. Although I know that’s wishful thinking

Last edited: