• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Was only recalling the same recently, sure that folk used to stand on a small terrace along the wedge back in the day, late 60s early 70s ? No idea why it was ripped up (assuming memory serves) but if extending the NOG is not feasible then certainly the best solution heading into the '20s !
I would like to see this too or a small simple stand of a few rows to fit the triangle, however if the toilets and refreshments can’t go anywhere else then it’s a no go. The only option if in future we had large windfalls would be to extend the stand properly into the triangle with the toilets and refreshments underneath. Couldn’t see this happening unless we were in league one and pushing for promotion to championship.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Is the new Away end Covered all along the back and if so what about emergency access point?
Believe it will be split with the gap by the double gates as with the old terrace.

Boyo

I would like to see this too or a small simple stand of a few rows to fit the triangle, however if the toilets and refreshments can’t go anywhere else then it’s a no go. The only option if in future we had large windfalls would be to extend the stand properly into the triangle with the toilets and refreshments underneath. Couldn’t see this happening unless we were in league one and pushing for promotion to championship.
Look at the levels of where the refreshment huts and conveniences are located relative to the pitch. Any stand or terrace would pass over the top of those "buildings".

Red Bill

I wasn't going to post anything else on this thread since its been apparent that any suggestion the things may have been done different with the building of the stand, was an overtly treasonous act. However as a couple of people are talking about a small terrace in front of the triangle, something I suggested a few months ago, I thought I might be safe to ask a question. Which is; why do we need a tarmaced path big enough to drive a digger along in front of the NOG? I can't see how its an emergency evacuation issue, as there's a girt big pitch that would fulfil that role very nicely, and from there there are several emergency exits. I also can't see it being needed for those in the stand as access is via the vomitories, so what's it for and why?

For what its worth by the way, I think the new stand looks very nice!

Colesman Ballz

I wasn't going to post anything else on this thread since its been apparent that any suggestion the things may have been done different with the building of the stand, was an overtly treasonous act. However as a couple of people are talking about a small terrace in front of the triangle, something I suggested a few months ago, I thought I might be safe to ask a question. Which is; why do we need a tarmaced path big enough to drive a digger along in front of the NOG? I can't see how its an emergency evacuation issue, as there's a girt big pitch that would fulfil that role very nicely, and from there there are several emergency exits. I also can't see it being needed for those in the stand as access is via the vomitories, so what's it for and why?

Possibly to allow access for a vehicle to service the floodlights ?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The chances of us needing a bigger stadium in the short to medium term future are negligible. If we get to the Championship and stay there we will have to turn the BB into seats. That's when any discussion about theTriangle, away end or filling in the corners will be relevant. Not before.

Spoonz Red E

I can't remember which post but I seem to recall someone posted a minimum width requirement for walkways earlier in the thread.
There are safety elements to consider even when dealing with normal exiting from the park.
Also, there could be an emergency where evacuation to the pitch would not be suitable (bomb scare, explosion, something landing on the pitch itself)
A new and added factor for that stand is the two rows of seats in Block C & D for wheelchair users.

Last edited:
Believe it will be split with the gap by the double gates as with the old terrace.
That's going to look so naff.

I can't remember which post but I seem to recall someone posted a minimum width requirement for walkways earlier in the thread.
There are safety elements to consider even when dealing with normal exiting from the park.
Also, there could be an emergency where evacuation to the pitch would not be suitable (bomb scare, explosion, something landing on the pitch itself)
A new and added factor for that stand is the two rows of seats in Block C & D for wheelchair users.
The wedge would've made an ideal spot for a disabled covered area.....would then free up lots of terrace space on the BB

Matt Russell

Isn't the path you mention for wheelchair access? There's certainly no access to/from the new stand except via the BB