• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The glass is now in t the back of the new grandstand.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No chance of a free view of the game from St James Road!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Should this view be considered the 8th wonder of the world?

That's all folks!

Last edited:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is the new Away end Covered all along the back and if so what about emergency access point?

Andy Holloway

Always been hopeful that those side weather protectors would one day be installed each side of the Bank, not for the weather, but to funnel the noise ! £30k to fit somebody reckoned.
When i asked about this some time ago, similar to what Glos Rugby Club have at their Kingsholm ground, i was told that it couldn't be done as it has to do with the stress levels imposed on the roof. I'm sure one of the 'professional construction' would be so kind as to expand on this.

Boyo

Ground stand building regulations require that there be an UNINTERRUPTED view of ALL parts of the pitch from EVERY seat, which to my understanding and speaknig to the Architect some time ago, is what we have.

The Main Grandstand would not be allowed to be built today - if it was being built - mainly because of the Disabled areas, the old dugouts and the tunnels blocking views of ALL parts of the pitch. If you sit in any of these seats you'll know exactly what i mean!!
Andy, when the Main Granstand was first built the disabled areas did not have roofs, so those seats behind had uninterrupted views. The roofs were added a few years later to protect people using those areas from inclement weather. Similarly, the original dugouts were designed without roofs and set right back into the stand, so would not have impeded anyone's views.

I note that the disabled section of the NOG appears to be somewhat exposed to weather and doesn't have a roof...

How come only the away end side of the new stand has the side Panel bit and the other end doesn’t
Doesn’t look right with just one side
Not sure what the technical term for it is

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry for not being up to the minute on this, I haven't really followed it closely, when are we expecting the away end to be ready ?

Red Bill

How come only the away end side of the new stand has the side Panel bit and the other end doesn’t
Doesn’t look right with just one side
Not sure what the technical term for it is
So those seated at the end nearest the BB don't have a restricted view

So those seated at the end nearest the BB don't have a restricted view
Now I feel silly! Cheers, was wondering why it was