• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Bongo1959

There are always solutions to building problems straddling the jungle path with a extension to the new GS but do we have the time and money to tackle the railway hmmm,m

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here's a pic wot i took about 5pm. I think the beam across the top might just be a temporary brace as it's not on straight.

Benguin

Here's a pic wot i took about 5pm. I think the beam across the top might just be a temporary brace as it's not on straight.

That will stay as it is I think.
Braced diagonally to counter any torsional effect.

Spoonz Red E

Do we still have the time laspse camera?
I was told today that it will be captured on time lapse.

Antony Moxey

But that tapered concreted area has been set aside for tea huts and bogs.
So? You could easily build above that.

ScrumpyJack

https://www.glevents.co.uk/experience/new-watford-fc-stand/

Good little video of the same company who is building our stand, looks the same structure as ours. Such a shame it’s not going along further of the pitch. But that’s Exeter City for you, half hearted

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think its going to look quality. I am seriously tempted to go sit in the new OG instead of standing on the BB - which is a temptation I never felt about the flybe.

Matt Russell

https://www.glevents.co.uk/experience/new-watford-fc-stand/

Good little video of the same company who is building our stand, looks the same structure as ours. Such a shame it’s not going along further of the pitch. But that’s Exeter City for you, half hearted
Yes, forget all this nonsense about building on the available triangle, go for it big and just cut a slice off the pitch. What do you mean, why does the playing surface have to be rectangular?

ScrumpyJack

Yes, forget all this nonsense about building on the available triangle, go for it big and just cut a slice off the pitch. What do you mean, why does the playing surface have to be rectangular?
What a numpty.....

Antony Moxey

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/siteassets/pdf/beforeandaftersjp.pdf

These images show what things should look like from outside once all the work is done. From that it appears the existing turnstiles and housing are staying but I am sure it will be given a coat of paint to tidy it up. The other images show that the well st and st James road boundaries are going to be tidied up with some new brickwork as well.

I am looking forwards to seeing it progress much faster now , and think even with the unfortunate gap the end result will be good to see.
Finished article looks good, especially as Ramone says around the Well St SJ Road corner. Couple of observations though:

The new stand looks quite a bit taller than the old one;
There seems to be a lot fewer floodlights on that side in the new development;
KT need to work on their photoshop skills!