• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under-23 Premier League Cup - Group Stage

Matt Russell

Here we go again. Any comment that questions anything connected with City and the toethepartyliners/club spokesmen often Russel, .but this time surprisingly Pete Martin, jump down the poster's throat. The guy only said he thought the tickets were a bit expensive. Doesn't the club appreciate feedback from the fans? Jeez, so defensive are these club spokesmen. This is a website for the fans - the club has its own website- and the fans can express any opinion they like.
This is about nothing of the sort.
Citizen posts his view that the ticket prices for these is too high, as was the Liverpool match. I just invited him/her to say what level of price would have been acceptable and therefore make his/her attendance likely. Trying to turn a negative into a positive, Nothing more, nothing less. Addressing your last sentence head on, no need to cast slurs about being a Club spokesman, I'm a fan just like you.

DanceMagnet

I like to go along to the u23 games when I can as the games are usually reasonably entertaining. At a tenner, I will be another voting with my feet I'm afraid. That's a simple value decision, I can go and watch my local team at half that cost.

Matt Russell

I like to go along to the u23 games when I can as the games are usually reasonably entertaining. At a tenner, I will be another voting with my feet I'm afraid. That's a simple value decision, I can go and watch my local team at half that cost.
Just to be clear if you haven't already seen.
Going to all three matches brings the cost down from £10 to £8.50 per match. Not a fiver, I grant you.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is about nothing of the sort.
Citizen posts his view that the ticket prices for these is too high, as was the Liverpool match. I just invited him/her to say what level of price would have been acceptable and therefore make his/her attendance likely. Trying to turn a negative into a positive, Nothing more, nothing less. Addressing your last sentence head on, no need to cast slurs about being a Club spokesman, I'm a fan just like you.
It's not a slur to be a club spokesman, but if you constantly criticise people that have in turn taken issue with any club matters, it looks like a lack of objectivity.

StroudGrecian

Is there a reason why the group stages of this U23 competition are not regionalised?

Legohead

Banned
Is there a reason why the group stages of this U23 competition are not regionalised?
I did think this myself the other night when we played up at North Ferriby. It would make sense and reduce costs but then we're dealing with football administrators here so naturally they will make it tougher for everyone concerned.

Matt Russell

It's not a slur to be a club spokesman, but if you constantly criticise people that have in turn taken issue with any club matters, it looks like a lack of objectivity.
If someone posts comments about prices being too high (I did myself in relation to the Heybridge Swifts FA Cup tie) it's not unreasonable to enquire from them , if asked by others, what level of pricing would be acceptable. As you say, this is a website for the fans..........but that's fans with all points of view. Anyone should be able to be generally supportive of ECFC without being accused of having a lack of objectivity.

DanceMagnet

Just to be clear if you haven't already seen.
Going to all three matches brings the cost down from £10 to £8.50 per match. Not a fiver, I grant you.
Yes, I realise that. If you want to focus on what would be reasonable, I wouldn't pay more than £7 to attend any one of those games. As things stand, my son and I will not attend. How does that help fund the away trips?

That on top of the "pants down" prices for the FA cup game. Sometimes, it seems that the fact that many of us already make a regular contribution to the trust is conveniently forgotten.

Ultimately, you pay your money or make your choice. I have plenty of other things to keep me interested so I really can take it or leave it.

Oldsmobile-88

I think the pricing is about right for the competition at SJP.Under 16s for a quid would have been the only suggestion I would make.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anyways, we've got Sunderland on Thursday. Shame it's a noon kick off.

Similar team to last Monday I'd suggest. Kane Wilson I guess will be available.