• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely hilarious scenes at my wife’s primary school as some non-key worker parents are confronted with the prospect of no state sponsored childminding service for a few months. There does seem to be a direct correlation between the most irksome kids having the most vocal parents as well. :)
Always the case - the vocal minority, in all walks of life, are the trouble makers
If parents are angry/ansty/f this f that then no surprise the kids are...

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Be Those angry kids that are still allowed to go to school

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Think of the MPs. I hope someone has generously decided they need a boost to their expenses paid for the taxpayer.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

arthur

Key worker list

No undertakers - unless they are classified as being part of the "waste disposal sector" which seems more than a little tasteless

Spoonz Red E

Key worker list

No undertakers - unless they are classified as being part of the "waste disposal sector" which seems more than a little tasteless
"Key public services

This includes those essential to the running of the justice system, religious staff, charities and workers delivering key frontline services, those responsible for the management of the deceased, and journalists and broadcasters who are providing public service broadcasting."

arthur

"Key public services

This includes those essential to the running of the justice system, religious staff, charities and workers delivering key frontline services, those responsible for the management of the deceased, and journalists and broadcasters who are providing public service broadcasting."
Thank you - I stand corrected

Alistair20000

When I heard the expected list (at that time not official) being discussed on the wireless last night I rather felt very few kids would be excluded from school. It seemed to cover vast numbers of the population.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
We've been told that both parents need to be key workers for Little to go to school.

Actually, that's quite helpful, as we were in a bit of a dilemma about it. Decision's out of our hands, and so we just have to deal with it.

So from Monday I'm carer, teacher and sales rep. All from home, whist a very worried better half goes to work at the hospital.

Just waiting for the inevitable message, at some point in the future, that she'll be 12 hours on and 12 hours off, 7 days a week. :poop::poop::poop:

manc grecian

It's one parent not both

grecIAN Harris

Key worker list

As expected me and the Missus both come under it, me as deliver driver and her, more importantly, as support staff for South West Ambulance.