• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think many parents, Not all would have planned school holidays well in advance, Booking to go abroad or stay in this country, Now all those options will not be available those parents will still take the time off if they can

manc grecian

Meeting at work on Monday to work out who is working at school and who isn't. My Monday morning lie in is cancelled. Bastards

DB9

Meeting at work on Monday to work out who is working at school and who isn't. My Monday morning lie in is cancelled. Bastards
Will you be on a rota as there will not be the usual amount of pupils attending?

manc grecian

Will you be on a rota as there will not be the usual amount of pupils attending?
Don't know yet. Will hopefully find out today or Monday morning once the number of children is confirmed. Pretty sure we are going to be open over easter as well.

DB9

Don't know yet. Will hopefully find out today or Monday morning once the number of children is confirmed. Pretty sure we are going to be open over easter as well.
So looks like just the long Easter weekend for you then for time off?

manc grecian

Pfft. Probably. I had envisaged a few weeks of doing **** all

Alistair20000

Well said Mike. (y)
Seconded

DB9

Pfft. Probably. I had envisaged a few weeks of doing **** all
Welcome to my world 🤣

Alistair20000

Firstly, I don't think you can lump all Far Eastern countries together. Indonesia is 80% Muslim, more or less The only meat Muslims eat is beef, chicken, goat, duck and fish. Dogs, cats, pigs, bats, frogs, monkeys, snakes etc are "haram", which means "not halal", which means forbidden.There are
certain more remote parts of Indonesia such as Medan in Sumatra and Menado n Sulawesi where there is a larger Christian community and they may eat "halal" food
So, if you go to a local, traditional market you won"t see any live animals. Bali is mainly Hindu, so they eat pork but not beef.
There are food inspectors who check the markets and take away food samples for testing and now the army is going around checking food prices to make sure nobody he is hiking prices.
Indonesia is an archipelago with 17, 000 islands There are many different languages, cultures, traditions. But the vast majority of the people live on Jawa, which is mainly Muslim . Very interesting place to live. Sometimes infuriating sometimes comical, sometimes endearing, and sometimes amazing
So, most middle class people upwards will either shop in a mall supermarket, of which there are hundreds, or send their housekeeper to the local market to buy veggie and fruit .
I've only had one bad case of tummy trouble here (diarrhea) but I guess people get diarrhea in Europe, too .
Overall there's little that would shock you or disgust you walking around Jakarta or most places in Jawa, but yes, you'd still get culture shock.

Thanks for that. Very interesting and informative. (y)

I suppose China may be rather a different kettle of fish.

tavyred

Absolutely hilarious scenes at my wife’s primary school as some non-key worker parents are confronted with the prospect of no state sponsored childminding service for a few months. There does seem to be a direct correlation between the most irksome kids having the most vocal parents as well. :)