• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2016

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Derailing the thread a tad, but, whilst we're on the subject of sacking football managers, I thought this is quite an informative bit of info. HERE

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think it matters that the decision to run has been brought on wholly or partly by the failures you point to. The failure of the Trust Board to properly control the Club Board is its biggest and most fundamental failure IMO. That is a perfectly respectable reason to stand and is not a reaction simply to the perceived failures of Tisdale and Tagg. In addition, if Tisdale had appropriate performance targets and was aware of the consequences of failure it might lead to him sharpen up his act. All too cosy at present. In view of the contract arrangements it would prmobably not be that easy to remove Tisdale anyway without acting reasonably in a step by step approach.
Nothing but nothing will change the mindset unless 7 individuals stand together on a united platform with an aim to give the BOS some teeth and do whatever is necessary to ensure the present mismanagement both off field and on field is dealt with and brought to an end. This is a once only opportunity if it is not taken up it is highly unlikely to occur again.

Believe me the odd one or two individuals whether they stand together or not will not by themselves have the proverbial cat in hells chance of changing anything.

Alistair20000

Nothing but nothing will change the mindset unless 7 individuals stand together on a united platform with an aim to give the BOS some teeth and do whatever is necessary to ensure the present mismanagement both off field and on field is dealt with and brought to an end. This is a once only opportunity if it is not taken up it is highly unlikely to occur again.

Believe me the odd one or two individuals whether they stand together or not will not by themselves have the proverbial cat in hells chance of changing anything.
I have no doubt that you are wholly correct that it will need a united group to stand and get elected to have any chance of forcing change.With seven places up for grabs it is possible that some of the retiring incumbents will stand again and on past form they will be more likely to win than newcomers, particularly those wanting fundamental change.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think it matters that the decision to run has been brought on wholly or partly by the failures you point to. The failure of the Trust Board to properly control the Club Board is its biggest and most fundamental failure IMO. That is a perfectly respectable reason to stand and is not a reaction simply to the perceived failures of Tisdale and Tagg. In addition, if Tisdale had appropriate performance targets and was aware of the consequences of failure it might lead to him sharpen up his act. All too cosy at present. In view of the contract arrangements it would probably not be that easy to remove Tisdale anyway without acting reasonably in a step by step approach.
Fair enough.

But the dreadful form of Tisdale's team will ensure more public support
for the changes you suggest above.

I'm one of the many that didn't realise how flawed the setup was until things have become so dire on the pitch, you clearly recognised it (or were willing to acknowledge it) much earlier, good on you, but many like me will have only come to this conclusion in the last year or so. Again, that should increase the chances of someone standing in the elections fighting for these issues.

eurogrecian

Looking forward to being able to vote for some candidates with fresh ideas and enthusiasm.
So much more effective than starting yet another why oh why thread on Exeweb.

Cygnus

The problem is will anyone actually stand for the upcoming Trust elections, because last year there was only one and has he made any difference? No he's become another one of Taggy's sheep allowing him along with Tis to run our club into the ground.

Unfortunately I can't stand because I left the Trust last year in frustration at the way it was being run. I wish I had stayed now so I could stand, as we really need to force change. So please could enough of you who are still signed up Trust members stand, so that we can take back control of our football club! We must act now, while we still have a club!

I intend to re-join the Trust now so that I can at least have a vote and support any of you who want to stand and break up the cosy village committee that is the current Trust board.

Antony Moxey

Given the complete, total and utter ineffectiveness of the Trust board at any form of governance whatsoever, perhaps it would be better to field no candidates at all as a vote of no confidence in the BOS itself.

If Dibley Parish Council meeting spending hour upon hour discussing procedure, which village team needs our help becoming a Trust and what important press releases Supporters' Direct have just made are your bag then by all means join up and knock yourself out, but while Nero fiddles while Rome burns we need to be a little more serious and pro-active than a village fete committee worried whether farmer Giles we let them use his field again this year and whose turn it is to judge the misshaped vegetable competition.

There's a lot more change required than just personnel.

malcolms

Given the complete, total and utter ineffectiveness of the Trust board at any form of governance whatsoever, perhaps it would be better to field no candidates at all as a vote of no confidence in the BOS itself.

If Dibley Parish Council meeting spending hour upon hour discussing procedure, which village team needs our help becoming a Trust and what important press releases Supporters' Direct have just made are your bag then by all means join up and knock yourself out, but while Nero fiddles while Rome burns we need to be a little more serious and pro-active than a village fete committee worried whether farmer Giles we let them use his field again this year and whose turn it is to judge the misshaped vegetable competition.

There's a lot more change required than just personnel.
I know we haven't seen eye to eye on everything by any means. However, the fact that you now acknowledge the nature and potential seriousness of the situation should lead others to the same conclusion. This cannot be addressed in a knee jerk way, it needs consistency. We should not be hoping that the team loses to maintain momentum, we should continue to be supportive whilst continuing to exert pressure for fundamental change. Many feel that joining the current Trust board setup would be close to pointless and will not stand as a consequence. I don't know enough about the constitution but most likely, it has all sorts of ways to block what some might regard as disruptive influences. The only solution is to clear out the moribund remains of the current board before trying to encourage a younger more radical group of people, who are not stymied at every stage by the "old guard"

Last edited:

Mackster

I know we haven't seen eye to eye on everything by any means. However, the fact that you now acknowledge the nature and potential seriousness of the situation should lead others to the same conclusion. This cannot be addressed in a knee jerk way, it needs consistency. We should not be hoping that the team loses to maintain momentum, we should continue to be supportive whilst continuing to exert pressure for fundamental change. Many feel that joining the current Trust board setup would be close to pointless and will not stand as a consequence. I don't know enough about the constitution but most likely, it has all sorts of ways to block what some might regard as disruptive influences. The only solution is to clear out the moribund remains of the current board before trying to encourage a younger more radical group of people, who are not stymied at every stage by the "old guard"
Are you going to stand Malc? I know you get a bit of kicking on here for being a natural born cynic, but it is trait that is sorely in need because the Trust just seems to rubberstamp anything the club comes up with.

Agreed that it would need a number of candidates standing together under the same manifesto to have any chance of success.

The aim should be to get Tagg removed from his current position, easier said than done as he's buried in like a dung beetle. He seems like a nice guy and City through & through, but ill suited to running the football club. Dr Dave aluded on another thread that no one could do what Tagg could do, the same seems to apply to Tisdale. Both have been allowed to create their own roles within the club and developed an aura that they are irreplaceable which the BoS have swallows hook, line & sinker.

Of course this is bull-****, it is still a results based business and we are both poor on and off the field. There don't seem to be performance targets for anything at ECFC. We need to appoint an experienced Chairman, (and not by the same process that Chorlton & Wolf were appointed), someone who has no connection to ECFC or football, who will be tasked with evaluating all areas of the business and making the necessary changes.

If things don't change, we will go the same way as Lincoln & Wrexham, teams that seem to have very little chance of making back to the Football League. There are a whole host of well run, hungry clubs ready to take our position. The much vaunted academy will be a total white elephant if we lose the Football League funding, so precedence has to be given to 1st team improving its results.

Pete Martin (CTID)

That is patently not the case Malcolm. What is needed (for any reason and at any time) is Trust Board members prepared to put proposals/motions forward (however uncomfortable) and for a majority to vote in favour. Seriously, that's all it needs. There really is no blocking process. The minority might get a tad upset, but c'est la vie.

It's alright for Antony to go off on one, but there are basically two options (other than members seeking to disband the Trust or for it to become a minority shareholder, in favour of a private consortium - and good luck finding one);

(i) Trust members get involved, get elected and push for what they believe is right for the club's future, or

(ii) Get an EGM called and put forward motions that direct the Trust Board to take certain actions (but that has been tried before - and failed)

The system is democratic, but if members simply moan on the sidelines and fail to take action because they believe nothing will change - then nothing will change. Nothing is more blindingly obvious.

Last edited: