• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Top Ten football league bosses

DanEcfc

oh yeah didn't see that!

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jim Magilton?
What has he achieved?!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Valid discussion points. How high could you see him managing, should he realise his potential?
Difficult to say Lammie. If he picked up any linquistic skills whilst with Panionis I could see him coaching overseas as I think his quiet style is more suited to the continental game but no doubt time will tell.

LammieLammieLammie

Difficult to say Lammie. If he picked up any linquistic skills whilst with Panionis I could see him coaching overseas as I think his quiet style is more suited to the continental game but no doubt time will tell.
Where is the "Sitting on the fence" emoticon when you need it?

Interesting point about overseas, hadn't thought of that.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
PT has done well, of that there should be no doubt. However, he is still a work in progress for me and will be until he is able to show that he can use the range of options open to a manager to improve a team (loan and transfer markets). Not a popular opinion I'm sure but mine nevertheless.
I would suggest that the quality of most (all?) of his signings so far marks him out as someone very shrewd in this aspect.

Rob Edwards, for example, was someone right out of left-field. And yet here we are, two and a bit seasons later, rightly lauding him.

Not to mention Matt Taylor, Ryan Harley to name two...

City Reject

I would suggest that the quality of most (all?) of his signings so far marks him out as someone very shrewd in this aspect.

Rob Edwards, for example, was someone right out of left-field. And yet here we are, two and a bit seasons later, rightly lauding him.

Not to mention Matt Taylor, Ryan Harley to name two...
I would agree with that. It's interesting that a lot of teams around us are bringing in a lot of loan players but i must admit i'm pleased that we aren't. The 2 or 3 seasons before we went down saw a lot of loan players coming in and they just weren't up to much. Glad to see we have a settled squad that Tisdale feels is strong enough to cope (backed up by a strong youth team). Long may it continue

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I would agree with that. It's interesting that a lot of teams around us are bringing in a lot of loan players but i must admit i'm pleased that we aren't. The 2 or 3 seasons before we went down saw a lot of loan players coming in and they just weren't up to much. Glad to see we have a settled squad that Tisdale feels is strong enough to cope (backed up by a strong youth team). Long may it continue
Yep, continuity is as vital as "strengthening" in my eyes. A team that has played together for a while and knows the strengths and weaknesses of each other will often (usually?) do better than a side that maybe has more quality but is less balanced.

Antony Moxey

I always thought Dolan and Inglethorpe went too early.
Wow, now there's a topic for discussion! My own opinion is that it appeared that their upward curves were beginning to flatten out and that towards the end of their reigns we appeared to be starting to stagnate on the pitch.

Perhaps they both went at the right time, maybe they even jumped before they were pushed? However, Tis has been here for two full seasons now, roughly the same as the other two (?), yet he shows no signs of levelling out and still appears to be firmly on the up.

But like you said, if Tis goes then there should be no need for wholesale panic, it appears the board know how to choose wisely when selecting managers and so far arguably have got a better man in as replacement each time. Hopefully they'll be able to come through again, but equally hopefully not for a long time to come yet.

Poultice

Wow, now there's a topic for discussion! My own opinion is that it appeared that their upward curves were beginning to flatten out and that towards the end of their reigns we appeared to be starting to stagnate on the pitch.
Might have had something to do with the parlous financial stae of the club, or a drop off in the amount of available skirt.

Not sure direct comparisons are particularly valid but I feel they all did or are doing a job for us.

SmallHat.

If you read the article, apperantly we lost on pens to morecambe..

Good Old Sky Sports, showing 11 seconds of us every week :).