• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Top Ten football league bosses

Cheggers

"OK, It's only an little anecdote, but there are plenty of others that for me, build up a picture of the man."
Here you go Kirky...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't forget he took a pay cut to come here, and he was pretty much set-up for years.
You say that like it's common knowledge! I never knew that, or am the only one who didn't know?

iscalad

You say that like it's common knowledge! I never knew that, or am the only one who didn't know?
He came because he thought he could do a good job here and liked the positive attitude of the club. Money didn't come into it.

Phil Sayers

Obviously he isn't in charge of them anymore but even so I would point out that TB are in the Conference South this season and who would bet against them being in the National next time around?

malcolms

Couple of points to Al, I am surprised you compare setting up and implenting the whole TB concept with playing for the exiles... as I said earlier, it's about building a career, and four promotions in 7 seasons is still pretty good going, restructuring or not.

I was really surprised what a good team that TB were when they played at the Park in a friendly recently, and it's got to be in part due to the foundations that were put in place by the management team. OK, We call them Team Tax, but that's hardly Tis' fault is it?

As for his career, it depends how you define it I suppose. He's played in the Premier league in 4 countries. Agreed, not Spain or Italy, but it shows at a young age he was prepared to step outside of the normal stereotype of English footballers... he was an England youth international and has played in the quarter final of the European Cup.

It's not a bad CV. Not as good as Gerry Francis's though, granted. :D;)
It's a bit strong to say that PT "set up and implemented the whole Team Bath concept" it was established in many sports before he arrived and I'm sure PT would not claim the creation for himself.

Antony Moxey

He came because he thought he could do a good job here and liked the positive attitude of the club. Money didn't come into it.
The point I was trying to make was that I wasn't aware he'd taken a pay cut to come here.