• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Todays Referee Thread

ianaplincorners

Apart form when he allowed our first goal. I'm sure some would have blown for the other player being offside.
so he got something wrong then?

dommers

so he got something wrong then?
No he got the right decision. Others linesman may have made the wrong decision but not this one.

redandwhitearmy

;)i don't think he is old enough to be a t*sser,hasn't reached puberty yet;)

ECFC KARL

dommers are you really an exeter fan becuase you seem to be the only person that thought the ref was pretty good

older-codger

Morecombe had a number of, shall we say, "chunky" players who were quite happy to use their bulk all afternoon. Curtis was backing into Matt Taylor all afternoon without a single free kick. 50-50 balls in the air led to them jumping at the player rather han attempting to win the ball. I have never seen such obvious backing in yet when City players stood there ground they were penalised. An absolute idiot - but then, we knew that when he was appointed for the match. He is a recognised idiot when it comes to refereeing.

Benito

I thought Morecambe RFC had turned up by mistake.

dommers

dommers are you really an exeter fan becuase you seem to be the only person that thought the ref was pretty good
Am very much an Exeter fan and thought the ref was fine.

Bittners a Legend

No comment on the ref as I wasn't there but Dommers is indeed correct to state that football is a non-contact sport, as it always has been. A common mistake to think otherwise, but a mistake none-the-less.

EDIT: I think it is often refered to now as "limited contact" ... the point remains the same..it is not a contact sport.

Last edited:

00gill78

No comment on the ref as I wasn't there but Dommers is indeed correct to state that football is a non-contact sport, as it always has been. A common mistake to think otherwise, but a mistake none-the-less.
Surely a shoulder charge is still allowed?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So the game has finished? Almost funny the ending.

I couldn't clearly see Cozic foul. But their number 16 was soon up on his feet once the booking was given. Game plan executed to perfection.

Interesting that Jones was impeded on his goal kicks without penalty. Obviously had us watched.