• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Todays Referee Thread

kpecfc10

Have never in my life seen a Ref blow-up, and then sprint off the pitch like that. What a pathetic wimp. Sums up his performance. Sure the Assessor will have taken note.

He looked so young, that during the warm-up, I actually thought he was the mascot.

ECFC KARL

IMO worst ref since Atwell down at the park

dommers

Second half, Gilly is wrestled to the ground IN THE AREA but "play on" (quel surprise).
And absolutely the right decision unless you want a penalty EVERY time the ball goes into the box.

GrecianWonder

he decided to let all tussles for the ball when its in the air go but randomly decided to give several against city. curtis only gave away one foul... **cough*cough** but in all fairness he only did give two proper bad decisions...

and both times they scored from free kicks

ianaplincorners

It doesn't depend on which order.
so if I 'win' the ball but my 'follow through' takes out the man its a foul. With or without intent? You'll be telling me its a non contact sport next.

GrecianWonder

and dommers im guessing your a morecombe fan in exeter?

00gill78

Shocking performance by the ref
Come on. He was only twelve.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always thought a referee was supposed to have a backbone but from the comments it appears this one didnt.

A Slacker

Dommers - I'm with you. He wasn't perfect but we've had a lot worse this season. It was a very physical game and I think he handled it quite well.

However, his sprint off at the end was shocking and pathetic.

elvis the pig

I did find it VERY bizzare at the end of the game. The lino on the far side was half way across the pitch before the ref even blew. It was obviously pre-planned. I could have understood it if the crowd were preparing for a pitch invasion but that clearly wasn't going to happen....

It just made the officials look extremely silly.