• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Today's Game

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Ok, thanks a lot guys! That seems to clarify things. I must have missed his tackle on Golbourne. (I'm stuck on a nebuliser four times a day at the mo and had to toddle off to do that. I know, an intelligent person would have just brought the machine nearer their pc! Doh!] ...

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tarrico was being booed because of a challenge he went in for with Golbourne in the first half, it happened in front of the Flybe stand so I didn't have a very good view of it as I was sat in the OG. I have read on another thread that Tarrico went in two footed and tried to do Golbourne (hence the booing). I think the Gyppo comments probably related to his appearance, he is a bit scruffy looking with long curly hair.
I saw nothing to suggest Tarrico went in with two feet. Indeed, I'd say he was entirely justified in being very upset by the 'tackle' and it's beyond me how neither the referee or his assistant [sic], who couldn't have been more than a couple of yards away, saw it.

Even Harley, who picked up the lose ball in the penalty area, appeared completely bemused by the lack of a whistle and appeared to have no idea what to do with the ball.

To Golbourne's credit, the challenge was completely out of character and he was, clearly, upset by it and distressed that he could have injured a fellow pro and was at pains to apologise for it.

As regards the assistant, what about the incident midway through the second half where Steve Tully ran the ball into touch within a couple of feet of the the guy and then proceeded to pick up the ball and take the throw-in?!

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... where Steve Tully ran the ball into touch within a couple of feet of the the guy and then proceeded to pick up the ball and take the throw-in?!
Is that what's called creating your own opportunities? ;)

DJH2005

I thought the ref and his lino's were **** poor pretty much from the first whistle.

Completely inept would be the kindest words to describe them I suppose.

Last edited:

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
The late goal was a cruel blow, I thought 1-1 was about fair. However, Golbourne's 'challenge' looked bad from where I was and I thought it might even have been a red, but I was miles away, so, just for once, I will trust the ref's judgement!

Ryan's strike was a cracker - three inches lower and we'd have three points- but to no avail, but I thought Tully's positioning was terrible today. Both goals effectively came from sh*t marking/defending from him. He was nowhere near both scummers for most of the second half, but I suppose that could have been because Tis told him to push on as we were going for the win.

Decent game, could have gone either way.

Onwards ans upwards.

As regards the assistant, what about the incident midway through the second half where Steve Tully ran the ball into touch within a couple of feet of the the guy and then proceeded to pick up the ball and take the throw-in?!
That was a superb bit of tactical play, no doubt one of Tisdale's training ground moves. Kick the ball into touch but make sure to pick it up and take a throw-in before the lino knows what's happened.

The officials missed a few things yesterday, didn't have an awful game but a few things stick in the mind. Firstly Golbourne's tackle, then the Tully incident and another time when Golbourne attacked, clearly won a corner and the ref gave a goal kick.

Notters the seagull

Hi All, I haven't been on here for ages but thought I'd pop by.

Made my first ever trip to St James' yesterday (at last). Had a very easy journey down there (3 1/4 hours via M23/M25/M3/A303) and haven't been to many places so friendly and welcoming.

Have to agree that the away end is dreadful (though not as bad as Withdean); however I'd still rather stand on that terrace than go to any of the boring new grounds. I hate all-seater stadia. Have to say though, the poster above who thinks that it's not as bad as Rover's away end clearly hasn't stood there. I love the away end at Rovers - decent sized terrace with good views. You can even watch the match whilst your ******* if you choose the correct urinal!

So to yesterday's match; I couldn't really see much of what happened up your end. Was alarmed by the pace of your attack (we've certainly not been used to that this season). You looked a very good side, certainly compare to your visit to the Withdean and I think a draw would've been a fair result. Things just seem to be going our way for once.

Hope to make the visit again some time, would like to try out the big bank some time and I now have a girlfriend from Okehampton which gives me a bit of an excuse!

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Notters the seagull

Didn't hear any traveller stuff
You clearly weren't at the game then; it was all we could hear from your lot for the whole of the second half.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was alarmed by the pace of your attack
You sure you were at the right game ?

Notters the seagull

You sure you were at the right game ?
:-D

Either that or you have a very short pitch! When we went forward it seemed to take an age to get anywhere near your box, but then you won the ball and there it was in front of me again. Maybe it was just the result of long balls, but if it was, you seemed to keep possession more often than not.

Last edited: