• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Today's Game

dommers

How does that make us lose money?
It doesn't. Although may stop us earning some.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair enough, the radio usually amplifies booing anyway.
Booing? the only thing our radio boys amplified this after' was their 'own' rather tedious opinions. Good luck for the rest of the season looks like poyet is putting together a really strong squad, no small thanks due to the idiots down the road from us though.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
It doesn't. Although may stop us earning some.
Yes, on a game by game basis revenue would be higher. Say it had an extra 1k capacity but the away end cost £1m to redevelop (probably not too horrendous ball park figures).

Then assume that the average away fan pays £20 (it might be seated). If we sell out the additional 1k places that is £20k (assumes no additional variable costs) assumed profit. Then it would take us 50 games with that additional sell out to cover the £1m cost of building it over and above the risk free rate of return.

How many times does the away end sell out a season, in L1 perhaps 3-4 times. So at our current level it would take about 15 years before we actually made a profit, vs another use for that money. Get up to CCC and perhaps you could cover it in 3 years.

Same argument could be applied to the home end, but our hand could be forced on the OG and then I don't know the crowd increase just due to nice new stands, I am sure there is one.

KingBilly

A draw would probably have been a fair result today although we were slightly on top 2nd half in my view. Way, way off our best though.
This isn't sour grapes mate and well done on the three points. For what it's worth though I was not very impressed with Brighton today. You looked second rate for long periods and certianly nothing like promotion candidates, never mind title winners. Huddersfield and Saints looked light years ahead on you on todays performance - especially Saints. I think those two will take the two auto places and you may just have enough to make a play off place at best.

Well done on the points today though....but I doubt many teams will gift you them so easily.

Poultice

Then it would take us 50 games with that additional sell out to cover the £1m cost of building it over and above the risk free rate of return.
I would suggest that we would sell the extra 1000 tickets a maximum of twice a season, Scum and Sheff Wed this season, without the snow, so an extra £40k a season, whoops, interest on 1 million, approx £70k a year.

There is no rational financial case to be made for improving the ground...........FACT !

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, on a game by game basis revenue would be higher. Say it had an extra 1k capacity but the away end cost £1m to redevelop (probably not too horrendous ball park figures).

Then assume that the average away fan pays £20 (it might be seated). If we sell out the additional 1k places that is £20k (assumes no additional variable costs) assumed profit. Then it would take us 50 games with that additional sell out to cover the £1m cost of building it over and above the risk free rate of return.

How many times does the away end sell out a season, in L1 perhaps 3-4 times. So at our current level it would take about 15 years before we actually made a profit, vs another use for that money. Get up to CCC and perhaps you could cover it in 3 years.

Same argument could be applied to the home end, but our hand could be forced on the OG and then I don't know the crowd increase just due to nice new stands, I am sure there is one.
Can't see increasing the terrace and putting on a corrugated iron roof costing £1 million! :p

You have a good name, but I'm afraid you're talking out of *ss

Last edited:

Poultice

Can't see increasing the terrace and putting on a corrugated iron roof costing £1 million! :p
That's because you are not very bright.

Oli

I thought £1m might be on the cheap side. If it is terracing then the return is less and payback longer.

Antony Moxey

You have a good name, but I'm afraid you're talking out of *ss
There's only one person talking out of his ass, and it's not Oli.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couldn't bear standing on that stony open terrace while feeling a bit like a sh*t today though, but been twice..
Christ man, have you got the poops? Hope you haven't brought one of those nasty bugs down to our fair city............:D