• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to MK Dons

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Me too not bothered where he finishes as long as MT gets us promoted. Will only be interested in what he does if it affects City directly i.e if he comes back in January and tries to lure away any of our players but in particular Stockley, Pym or Boateng either of whose leaving would definitely prejudice our own chances of promotion.
That thought cross my mind almost from word go. The reality is that if Matty T even begins to look like securing promotion during his first season as a manager then Tisdale's street cred would begin to creak even in the eyes of his most ardent supporters. So, like you say, should he come sniffing around come January time then spiking our guns might just be part of his plans.

Saint James

Me too not bothered where he finishes as long as MT gets us promoted. Will only be interested in what he does if it affects City directly i.e if he comes back in January and tries to lure away any of our players but in particular Stockley, Pym or Boateng either of whose leaving would definitely prejudice our own chances of promotion.

I am not a vindictive person but have to admit should that happen and I think most of us would find it very hard to take, I would have some rather dark thoughts about him.
ST, I just cant see your scenario happening notably with Stockley and Boateng who have two years on their deals so any bid for either would need to be substantial and way above what could be afforded by a fellow League two club (with all respect to MK they just aint big enough). Regards Pym the club have a dilemma if he is out of contract next season? WE may be forced to sell if an offer comes in but it wouldn't be to a fellow L2 club and MK already have a good keeper.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Regards Pym the club have a dilemma if he is out of contract next season? WE may be forced to sell if an offer comes in but it wouldn't be to a fellow L2 club and MK already have a good keeper.
I'm a serious Pym fan, and I watch everything he does. Without a doubt he's progressed immensely over the past 12 months, and he's got as far as he can go IMHO. The one problem exception remains his technique when coming off his line towards an oncoming forward. Anyone monitoring him would see that as a drawback and probably scratch him off of their shopping list. I dont believe the demand for him would be as great as some think. And I dont think Tisdale would be remotely interested.

IndoMike

I'm a serious Pym fan, and I watch everything he does. Without a doubt he's progressed immensely over the past 12 months, and he's got as far as he can go IMHO. The one problem exception remains his technique when coming off his line towards an oncoming forward. Anyone monitoring him would see that as a drawback and probably scratch him off of their shopping list. I dont believe the demand for him would be as great as some think. And I dont think Tisdale would be remotely interested.
Since he is still very young as a keeper and you say he's progressed immensely over the past twelve months, why do you think he's got as far as he can go? Since most keepers reach their peak in their late twenties or early thirties i 'd say it's very possible he can improve. I'm not a goalkeeping expert but it seems to me to be a question of logic.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm a serious Pym fan, and I watch everything he does. Without a doubt he's progressed immensely over the past 12 months,.
This 12 month period interestingly coincides with when you started watching him all through the game instead of just the goals he lets in on the highlights

tonykellowfan

I believe that Pym will continue to improve, note that he was the keeper for the team of the season so far. Many keepers take a while to progress to their full potential, Pym is still young by keeping standards.

Saint James

Pete, whilst I admire your tenacity to comment on all matters of a keeping nature I cant help but think those who put together the League Two Team of the Season (so far) which included Stockley, Law and a certain Christy Pym may indicate that those with a professional input seem to indicate Pym is currently seen as the BEST goalkeeper in League Two. Whilst that doesn't guarantee jack it certainly indicates the lad has every chance of playing higher up the food chain does it not? They cant all be wrong can they?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I personally think Joe Day is the best keeper in league 2.

geoffwp

I personally think Joe Day is the best keeper in league 2.
That's an interesting one pc, considering Newport have shipped 20 compared to city with 12. You have to look down to 17th and Morecambe to find a worse record so far. Given that of course goals against aren't just a keepers fault what makes you put him over Pym?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's an interesting one pc, considering Newport have shipped 20 compared to city with 12. You have to look down to 17th and Morecambe to find a worse record so far. Given that of course goals against aren't just a keepers fault what makes you put him over Pym?
I just think he's a very solid all round keeper.

He's a good shot stopper (as is Pym), he kicks well, is good when dealing with crosses and generally dominates his box. With regards to the goals Newport have conceded, six of them came in one game so you could argue that distorts things, anyway like you say goals conceded are generally more to do with what is in front of the keeper than the keeper himself.

As a side topic in my opinion Pym has been nowhere near as busy this season, last season he was often keeping us in games, I can't remember too many games where that has happened this season.

Last edited: