• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to MK Dons

thermopylai

Let’s all just politely agree the bloke is a tw@ I don’t like him very much and I certainly don’t like being called a banker by him as he walks past me. I hope he fails, and Perryman as well
Because not all of us think he is a ****. As is clear, some fans still appreciate him. You are quite within your rights to dislike him, but don't include the rest of us in that. As long as we finish above whatever side he manages, I wish him all the best.

And as for all this "inherited squad" nonsense: when Matt takes us up this season (and I do think we have a very good chance under him, as he is proving to be a very good mamanger indeed) how many of the Tis critics will admit that the squad that Matt is leading was by and large put together by Tis? Indeed, Matty is only with us because of Tis.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am sure that they would both be happy to renew their acquaintance with you on "The Concrete Roundabout" forum.
That's "Concrete Traffic Circle" to you Pate

Terryhall

Because not all of us think he is a ****. As is clear, some fans still appreciate him. You are quite within your rights to dislike him, but don't include the rest of us in that. As long as we finish above whatever side he manages, I wish him all the best.

And as for all this "inherited squad" nonsense: when Matt takes us up this season (and I do think we have a very good chance under him, as he is proving to be a very good mamanger indeed) how many of the Tis critics will admit that the squad that Matt is leading was by and large put together by Tis? Indeed, Matty is only with us because of Tis.
Matt is the manager because he applied for the job and was selected by the club board ahead of the other candidates. Unless Tisdale applied for him, sat in the interviews for him, or was on the club board that appointed him, the only thing Tisdale did to help Matt get the job was to leave and create the vacancy.

I don't buy the inherited squad argument either - but based on the signings made by Matt Taylor so far, he seems to have a better hit rate for signings that Tisdale did - as well as a better hit rate for playing them in the right positions and in a way that enables them to play well (anyone see Manny Oyeleke's thunderbolt over the weekend..? Just one example of a criminally underused player under Tisdale).

As posted before, I'm curious to see whether Tisdale adapts his usual approach to signings now that he has the financial strength of one of the biggest budgets in the division, or will he stick to players he knows, untested loanees, and perma crocked players on the cheap.

Red Monster

Matt is the manager because he applied for the job and was selected by the club board ahead of the other candidates. Unless Tisdale applied for him, sat in the interviews for him, or was on the club board that appointed him, the only thing Tisdale did to help Matt get the job was to leave and create the vacancy.

I don't buy the inherited squad argument either - but based on the signings made by Matt Taylor so far, he seems to have a better hit rate for signings that Tisdale did - as well as a better hit rate for playing them in the right positions and in a way that enables them to play well (anyone see Manny Oyeleke's thunderbolt over the weekend..? Just one example of a criminally underused player under Tisdale).

As posted before, I'm curious to see whether Tisdale adapts his usual approach to signings now that he has the financial strength of one of the biggest budgets in the division, or will he stick to players he knows, untested loanees, and perma crocked players on the cheap.
You’ve seem to have got the wrong end of the stick in this case .
Tis brought Matt back as a coach given him the opportunity to impress,do you really think he would have been
Given the job out of the blue without coaching a football league side ?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jason doing his best to spin stats as much as possible.
It’s only countering the haters who cannot bring themselves to acknowledge any success Tisdale had. Jason’s right, Tisdale’s ‘inherited squad’ is one that finished in pretty much its lowest league position in the club’s history before he took over.

Granted it wasn’t until he’d been served notice that he pulled his finger out of his arse to take us to Wembley in consecutive seasons, but you can’t just dismiss the first five years of his tenure as simply ‘yeah but’.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Oyeleke is at Port Vale. Hardly the club of choice for a footballing superstar.

thermopylai

You’ve seem to have got the wrong end of the stick in this case .
Tis brought Matt back as a coach given him the opportunity to impress,do you really think he would have been
Given the job out of the blue without coaching a football league side ?
I phrased it rather poorly, I admit. Red Monster put it more clearly.
What I meant was that Tis first bought Matt to the club as a player, and then again as a coach. Of course I agree that he got the job entirely on his own merits, and that he was and is the best man for the job.

Grecian Max

It’s only countering the haters who cannot bring themselves to acknowledge any success Tisdale had. Jason’s right, Tisdale’s ‘inherited squad’ is one that finished in pretty much its lowest league position in the club’s history before he took over.

Granted it wasn’t until he’d been served notice that he pulled his finger out of his arse to take us to Wembley in consecutive seasons, but you can’t just dismiss the first five years of his tenure as simply ‘yeah but’.
I'm not dismissing that. I was personally leading with the fact that Tisdale hasn't achieved a promotion in nearly 10 years and the relevance that has to MK's chances this year. And thats a decade of pure Tisdale squads, no ifs or buts. The first five years were great but since then he has achieved **** all - apart from a relegation. If he is seen as a deity for his first five years, then he must also be seen as an average League 2 manager for the rest of it.

My original "inherited *key players of* squad" point in a different thread a few months back was focussed on the 07/08 promotion team and was offering perspective on the achievements of that year. We were on an even keel and AI had an sizeable influence on the squad - Matt Gill, Adam Stansfield, Jamie Mackie, Steve Tully, Paul Jones, Dean Moxey all having played for him.

Ultimately he got them up and deserves credit for that - playing relatively attacking football too. His tactics have shifted in recent years to safety first and I don't believe he can change a match dramatically with a subby or two like he used to.

Red Monster

I'm not dismissing that. I was personally leading with the fact that Tisdale hasn't achieved a promotion in nearly 10 years and the relevance that has to MK's chances this year. And thats a decade of pure Tisdale squads, no ifs or buts. The first five years were great but since then he has achieved **** all - apart from a relegation. If he is seen as a deity for his first five years, then he must also be seen as an average League 2 manager for the rest of it.

My original "inherited *key players of* squad" point in a different thread a few months back was focussed on the 07/08 promotion team and was offering perspective on the achievements of that year. We were on an even keel and AI had an sizeable influence on the squad - Matt Gill, Adam Stansfield, Jamie Mackie, Steve Tully, Paul Jones, Dean Moxey all having played for him.

Ultimately he got them up and deserves credit for that - playing relatively attacking football too. His tactics have shifted in recent years to safety first and I don't believe he can change a match dramatically with a subby or two like he used to.
No Steve Tully and Adam never played for AI and we finished in our lowest League position in the Conference under
Him.

Grecian Max

Sorry, should have worded that better. Stansfield counts as AI's player as it was his transfer that was lined up before his erm... slightly quick departure. He wasn't PT's signing.

Steve Tully did play for Inglethorpe I'm afraid and rejoined after the Weymouth fall out. This one often comes up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/exeter_city/4285409.stm - he joined with Lee Phillips.

Last edited: