• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale linked with Fulham...

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tis and Perryman were both stood on the big bank all game....
He's obviously had a phone call thanking him for his interest etc, but.... We'll keep you in mind for next time. ;(

Colesman Ballz

Tis and Perryman were both stood on the big bank all game...

Had a nice chat with both while fixing flags.
Didn't they want to mix with all the riff-raff that had been allowed into the WTS stand then ?

Did they offer you a hand fixing the Siege Army flag in position ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Who wants Tisdale then? Someone? Anyone?
We're stuck with him

This was never even remotely likely. There are several managers with higher levels experience out of work at present like from example Sherwood, Moyes and others. Would be like Leeds appointing a conference manager as their head coach...

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think the only way a higher league club will take a punt on Tisdale is if he gets another promotion and can ride that momentum long enough in league one to get onto someone's radar.

PeteUSA

I think the only way a higher league club will take a punt on Tisdale is if he gets another promotion and can ride that momentum long enough in league one to get onto someone's radar.
Exactly. So unfortunately we're stuck with him for the rest of his working life. The achievements he made with us are so far back that other clubs looking for a manager wouldnt take that into consideration anymore, they'd look at the past five years, during which time he's done bugger all. And I suspect the fans of any big club would wonder what the f*** is going on appointing somebody like Tisdale.

Oliver

Looks like Steve Clarke of Reading is the new Fulham manager.....Tisdale to Reading anybody !

GrecianWonder

Looks like Steve Clarke of Reading is the new Fulham manager.....Tisdale to Reading anybody !
I think you'll find it will be Pearson to Reading actually!

And Tisdale still with us thankfully.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
The achievements he made with us are so far back that other clubs looking for a manager wouldnt take that into consideration anymore, they'd look at the past five years, during which time he's done bugger all.
Really?? The fact we are still in this league with the smallest of budgets is highly commendable. Also the fact he played grimes in the perfect position to be seen by high flying clubs to get a record signing is pretty amazing.

We can moan about the results but ultimately I think his mandate of developing youth for profit is a jewel in his crown!

I think you're a tad harsh there Pete...

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Really?? The fact we are still in this league with the smallest of budgets is highly commendable. Also the fact he played grimes in the perfect position to be seen by high flying clubs to get a record signing is pretty amazing.

We can moan about the results but ultimately I think his mandate of developing youth for profit is a jewel in his crown!

I think you're a tad harsh there Pete...
Is it the smallest of budgets? Club figures including grimes money show we are allowed to spend up to 1.9m on playing budget and without it indicates we were still allowed to go up to around 1.6m. Am sure a number of clubs have more money but is there anything to say we are really that low if there was a budget table? Also the question would be regardless of where we sit in that table how many sides are a lot higher than us?

I would say if we are within approx 100k to 200k of sides while it makes a reasonable difference it's quite possible to bridge that by making the best of any contacts and experience you have. I think it is worth a bit of debate, and I would welcome any extra information as if we really are a lot lower than the majority of sides in the league it would then be fair to cut Tisdale a bit more slack, maybe :D