• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale linked with Fulham...

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Thing is though we were regularly told about Swansea and I think Southampton being interested, but since then there hasn't exactly been a queue trying to lure him away.

PeteUSA

Thing is though we were regularly told about Swansea and I think Southampton being interested, but since then there hasn't exactly been a queue trying to lure him away.
And its been a good many years since those clubs were said to be interested, and even then, we dont know how interested they were, or whether Tisdale was just one of a load of candidates linked with the job. One things for sure; theres nothing about Tisdales 'achievements' this past four years that would appeal to perspective clubs like Fulham. They might be in the 2nd tier these days, but from a historical point of view they rank in the top ten in the country. Tisdale is just not good enough for them.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Top 10 ? In the country for history - bet they don't

GrecianWonder

Top 10 ? In the country for history - bet they don't
Quite easily not in the top 10, they've never won anything in the English game!

Ashford Grecian

Tisdale stock is rising....

rp42

Yes but in the words of a song,https://youtu.be/kHue-HaXXzg

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite easily not in the top 10, they've never won anything in the English game!
Maybe top 10 London clubs

Terryhall

Article from the WMN's Guy Branston - http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/GUY-BRANSTON-Paul-Tisdale-s-link-Fulham-job-bodes/story-28217874-detail/story.html

Bit of a nothing article all in but have to wonder about that last sentence

"He’s got a great knowledge of football in League One and League Two which might have been the direction the club were looking to go in."

I rather suspect that Fulham are definitely not looking to go in the direction of League One and League Two, which is why they sacked the manager in the first place.

LOG

I guess he meant that they might be looking to appoint a manager from L1 or L2 rather than from the merry-go-round but you'd think that if you're going to write something like that you'd try to make it a little clearer. I doubt that David Conn is looking over his shoulder just yet.

Last edited:

Terryhall

Indeed - there may have been an element of wilful misunderstanding in my post ;)