• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tips to help you in life

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
On an iPhone, if you are typing a text and want to change something in a previous word(s), instead of trying to tap exactly where you want to make the change, just put your finger on the space bar and drag left - it’s amazing.
Doesn't seem to work on Android devices. :(
Sort it aht, Googleforp!

Grecian2K

Candle sticks and candelabras also tricky to wrap, as are hamsters.
Are candle bras what ladies of a "certain age" use to wax their hairy chests?

LOG

When commenting on a YouTube video if you mention a time in your comment (e.g. "How does he do that trick seen at 3:15") the 3:15 bit will automatically become a hyperlink that will take you straight to the relevant part of the clip when clicked on. Neat, huh?
I've only ever made one comment on a YouTube vidoe and it was after watching the rather poor football-based film Goal! My comment was simlpy "His technique is terrible" and that was because it is.

More than a year later i had a notification that someone had replied. On checking that reply it was "I'd like to see you do better."

How we laughed.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
When opening an oxo cube crush it prior to opening, you'll soon understand this is what they are designed for and wonder why you spent all these years picking foil off the cube and then dirtying your hands crushing.

Swanaldo

YouTube vidoe.
It's vid-ay-o.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Discovered this by chance yesterday. If you're making a wasp trap with the old punctured lid in the jam jar method, bait it with banana. The one I made is rammed with the little buggers, they seem to love bananas as do bluebottles so it seems.

elginCity

Doesn't appear to work on my pre-Jurassic iphone 5s. Must upgrade soon if only for the top tip.
Seems the space bar shift does work, in fact works a treat, after all. Crap operator.

elginCity

With the advancing years, never trust your memory.

Write it down, always.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster

Write it down, always.
Sorry what was that ?

iscalad

Write it down, always.
I wrote always on a bit of paper but can't remember why. Can anyone help?