• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tips to help you in life

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
What about your fingers though doing it that way ?
As there is a greater surface area of the grater in contact with the chopping board, it's actually safer.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Try it cheese lovers, one day you'll thank me.

Grecian2K

Vote REMAIN when you next get a chance. ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you're planning to spend Xmas off the internet, then this will be a good opportunity to stop postponing that Windows 10 update and set it off.

Looking forward to seeing you in the new year. :)

Swanaldo

If you do a double twist instead of a single when starting to do your shoelaces up, you will have a more secure base for the rest of the knot and your laces will almost never come undone.

IndoMike

I feel that life has passed my by through never ever having seen "Strictly" (strictly what?), "Bake it off", "Bake it off Special", "The Great British Bake", "Stuck on an island with 10 boring farts',
"Surviving on an island", "Loser Island", 'Celebrity Island" et al. So my tip to myself is to return to the old country forthwith before it's too late. Thank you.

Swanaldo

When commenting on a YouTube video if you mention a time in your comment (e.g. "How does he do that trick seen at 3:15") the 3:15 bit will automatically become a hyperlink that will take you straight to the relevant part of the clip when clicked on. Neat, huh?

GJW

On an iPhone, if you are typing a text and want to change something in a previous word(s), instead of trying to tap exactly where you want to make the change, just put your finger on the space bar and drag left - it’s amazing.
My God, that is amazing. Never knew that. Just tried it. it’s great. Can’t believe it. It even works on here, typing this. Have I been living in a cave? When did this happen? Don’t tell me ...... about 5 years ago?

GJW

Only buy regular-shaped Christmas gifts, such as books, DVDs and chocolate bars. They are much easier to wrap. Avoid such gifts as rugby balls, walking sticks and saxophones.
That is great advice. With you there. Candle sticks and candelabras also tricky to wrap, as are hamsters.

Tim Long

When sledging in cricket or football - or any situation where you want to put your adversary off - you should not use personal abuse. Instead, utter a random selection of words ... e.g. "Larynx. Nefarious. Aubergine. Plethora." While your opponent is trying to work out what the hell you are on about, you can take his wicket, clear the corner, or run away.
This will be Boris Johnson's negotiating policy with the EU with regard to Brexit.