• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
In high school my mate broke his arm on one of those vaulting horses. A few weeks later he was stood on a bench and fainted during a class that was showing the insides of a rabbit. I think it was the blood when the teacher first cut into the rabbit. Kids today don't know they're born.
I could suggest the fainting might have been caused by PTSD due to being high up on a piece of wooden furniture again but ...
... splitting hares.

iscalad

I could suggest the fainting might have been caused by PTSD due to being high up on a piece of wooden furniture again but ...
... splitting hares.
Good grief.... :LOL: :love:

Alistair20000

God, I was useless at that.
Hounds and gyms with climbing ropes are not natural bedfellows. Just a thought like.

School gyms = smelly, sweaty, stifling = feckin’’ dire (n)

Exercise is an outdoor activity

Spoonz Red E

Hounds and gyms with climbing ropes are not natural bedfellows. Just a thought like.

School gyms = smelly, sweaty, stifling = feckin’’ dire (n)

Very much so.

I still get a not entirely welcome Proustian moment when I hear the squeak of a trainer on a shiny floor.

DB9

Does that include the brutal cross country run for PE in the dead of winter!??

Alistair20000

Does that include the brutal cross country run for PE in the dead of winter!??
No that fecker is most definitely excluded :ROFLMAO:

Some of the lads hid in a tunnel not far out of the school and rejoined later as the field returned. I completed in my own good time although I did finish mid field in my last year of competing in this pointless torture.

All that said I recall a post from Spoonz many years ago where he said he was an aficionado and it helped with his fitness

DB9

No that fecker is most definitely excluded :ROFLMAO:

Some of the lads hid in a tunnel not far out of the school and rejoined later as the field returned. I completed in my own good time although I did finish mid field in my last year of competing in this pointless torture.

All that said I recall a post from Spoonz many years ago where he said he was an aficionado and it helped with his fitness
Always found that the cross country run and either a No6 ciggie or B&H ciggie never mixed! :)

crocks

Always found that the cross country run and either a No6 ciggie or B&H ciggie never mixed! :)
I made the mistake of getting changed early, waiting in the dressing room and decided to head out 10 minutes early. I knew the course and of course I was first in. I was picked for the following weekends cross country team. Then I had to fess up to what I had done!

Stelios

Hmmmmm. Definitely preferred to be indoors in winter than freezing and getting white fingers holding a hockey stick or playing rugby *shivers* 🥶

lamrobhero

We took a football with us on cross country. A saunter down to Wonford playing fields. An enjoyable kick about. Then a saunter back when it was time. A current Trust Board member was also a participant. :)