• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pace of change quickens

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
It’s early days no need to panic yet - losing your skipper is always a blow , only when Pym & Stockley join MK will I start to really panic

Max Payne 2

It follows the implementation by the FA of the 'Rooney Rule' as adopted by the American NFL in 2003.

"I don't believe this is positive discrimination. It's about opening up barriers and allowing everybody the opportunity to pitch for a job. To lead the way and show some leadership we need to move it on. Black and white players are looking to get into the game and are not getting opportunities because the jobs are going to the same faces" Paul Davis - Former Arsenal midfielder

Some history here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14856861
“Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job profile & performance criteria will be included in short-listings and interviewed for the vacant position.“
Good thing in my opinion.
Not in mine. Unfortunately 90% of white people aren't in the 'in-club' either. And nowadays this won't improve our chances. And to rub it in if you're white now and didn't go to the right school you have all the others telling you to check your privilege. "Tier 2" White males are right at the back of the queue now and it looks permanent.

robchave

Not in mine. Unfortunately 90% of white people aren't in the 'in-club' either. And nowadays this won't improve our chances. And to rub it in if you're white now and didn't go to the right school you have all the others telling you to check your privilege. "Tier 2" White males are right at the back of the queue now and it looks permanent.
Since when has 'going to the right school' had anything to do with getting on in the football world? Can we leave the wider social comment to other forums more suited to that kind of debate please?

manc grecian

Chris Weale is the goalkeeping coach.
Under 23 coach and strengthening coach also appointed.

Someone less lazy than me can link it up.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

IndoMike

Looks like Matt T is putting together a good team of coaches/trainers

WXF

Racial equality is a friend of socio-economic equality. Turning a blind eye to ingrained disadvantage on the grounds of race or ethnicity creates the conditions where other forms of inequality perpetuate.

Temporarily Exiled

Racial equality is a friend of socio-economic equality. Turning a blind eye to ingrained disadvantage on the grounds of race or ethnicity creates the conditions where other forms of inequality perpetuate.
You get it. The same biases exist against women in men's football too – there's absolutely zero reason why more women can't take coaching courses, or be first team physics / scouts etc..

LOG

Chris Weale is the goalkeeping coach.
Sounds like he's trying to re-invent the wheel.

I'm here all week etc.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wealey funny Log.