The Pace of change quickens

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
“Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job profile & performance criteria will be included in short-listings and interviewed for the vacant position.“

Does that mean even if a BAME applicant is not shortlist material but technically ticks all the boxes that they still have to be shortlisted even if there were a hundred Caucasian applicants more suited? Seems a little discriminatory, no?

Spoonz Red E

Well-known Exeweb poster
5 pillars? PDP? PMA?
All to do with the development of players.
The 5 pillars are the specific areas of technical, tactical, physical, psychological & health/well-being.

PDP = Personal Development Plan

PMA (Performance Management Application) is the database system used to monitor those on the Elite Player Performance Plan.

Spoonz Red E

Well-known Exeweb poster
“Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job profile & performance criteria will be included in short-listings and interviewed for the vacant position.“

Does that mean even if a BAME applicant is not shortlist material but technically ticks all the boxes that they still have to be shortlisted even if there were a hundred Caucasian applicants more suited? Seems a little discriminatory, no?
It follows the implementation by the FA of the 'Rooney Rule' as adopted by the American NFL in 2003.

"I don't believe this is positive discrimination. It's about opening up barriers and allowing everybody the opportunity to pitch for a job. To lead the way and show some leadership we need to move it on. Black and white players are looking to get into the game and are not getting opportunities because the jobs are going to the same faces" Paul Davis - Former Arsenal midfielder

Some history here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14856861

Good thing in my opinion.

Exehausted

Steve Tully anyone?
Totally agree, unless he comes in as Matts assistant. He hinted that there won't be many changes to the back room staff although they will all have to be interviewed. So you would imagine Mel Gwinnett will stay along with Andy Tillson and Wayno.

edwin_price

If we're replacing everyone who leaves, like for like, well need appointments for Matt's job, Oakley and Perryman...

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

manc grecian

Bertie Cozic has been listed in the programme as the first team's strength & conditioning coach for some considerable time now. It's my understanding that thus far this has been a part-time role but if the role is being extended I guess it's entirely conceivable Bertie will be a frontrunner.
I don't know of berties qualifications but could it be that we look to recruit the best person for the job rather than trying to give every player you've worked with a job.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know of berties qualifications but could it be that we look to recruit the best person for the job rather than trying to give every player you've worked with a job.
I don't disagree. That said, you'd like to think that Bertie was awarded the part-time role on merit.

PeteUSA

Taylor doesnt strike me to be the type who would want a director of football. I dont think a good confident manager would need one. I think we only invented the role to accomodate Perryman; then lo and behold Tagg at one time had an almost identical title! The same with goalkeeping coach, I dont think we need one full time, although latterly it appeared Gwinnett was doing many other tasks in and around the dugout. I see Taylor is a goalkeeper by trade, so at 36 he might be the back-up keeper. Eitherway I think it could be the end of the line for Gwinnett.