• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The news of our demise.....

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
With the last three players through the door though, I have no doubt we'll be in the CCC again next year.
I'm with Dobley on this one but I do think it is more likely that you have just signed a quality player than an expensive flop.

However I have quoted the passage above - despite strident denials previously is this an admission that you were getting a little worried?

iscalad

Good player. You'd better hope he hasn't joined you just to top up his pension. We've been there, done that.

On_The_Beach

Good player. You'd better hope he hasn't joined you just to top up his pension. We've been there, done that.
Well we did warn you about Marcus Stewart

iscalad

Well we did warn you about Marcus Stewart
Yep..top player..thanks

STURTZ

Let's hope these new star signings don't prove to be as ineffective as Sturrocks other recent buys, Steve McClean at £500k anyone?

Can't help feeling that Argyle missed a real snip in missing George Freind at nearby Exeter, went to a CHAMPIONSHIP rival as well. Reminds me a bit of when Bristol Rovers nipped down to Argyle sponsored St Blazey FC to pick up their goalie. That goalie turned out to be Nigel Martyn! Still laughing at that shocking oversight on the green slime's part!

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
How long before the pair of them develop 'personal problems' that can only be addressed by leaving Plymouth?

IJN

Let's hope these new star signings don't prove to be as ineffective as Sturrocks other recent buys, Steve McClean at £500k anyone?

Can't help feeling that Argyle missed a real snip in missing George Freind at nearby Exeter, went to a CHAMPIONSHIP rival as well. Reminds me a bit of when Bristol Rovers nipped down to Argyle sponsored St Blazey FC to pick up their goalie. That goalie turned out to be Nigel Martyn! Still laughing at that shocking oversight on the green slime's part!
I could tell you about the Martyn transfer Squirtz, Chris Wakeham (St Blazey Manager at the time) did all right when he 'transferred' him to Rovers - but not on here.

Regarding Freind, no matter how good he is, I don't think the Janners would have taken another Grecian, so soon after the last.

We didn't lose Freind t be fair, if the choice was between us, BCFC or Wolves, I know what club I'd choose (if I was impartial, which I'm not).

argyle-ive

Ian, why are you even bothering to "reason" with the Squirty One?

IJN

It's a bit like poking a stick in an ants nest Ive.

You know they can't hurt you, but it is still good fun, none the less.

argyle-ive

Personally, I'd pour boiling hot water on them, just for a laugh

*waits for indignant "outrage" from some beardy exewebber or other...