• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Mighty Imps next

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Does anyone know roughly how much we made from the play offs last season? From memory the four semi final games are pooled together and split four ways so that should be worth more this season. Best part of 10000 at Lincoln and best part of 6000 at city , while imagine you could be looking at 15000 and 25000 in the other tie.

Not sure what happens at Wembley, imagine Wembley take a significant slice? Other than that do the finalists share the revenue or all four teams? The attendance for the final this season could well be double what we had last season.

Seem to remember as well that we don't get much if anything from sky for the live coverage, which seems unfair if correct.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Does anyone know roughly how much we made from the play offs last season? From memory the four semi final games are pooled together and split four ways so that should be worth more this season. Best part of 10000 at Lincoln and best part of 6000 at city , while imagine you could be looking at 15000 and 25000 in the other tie.

Not sure what happens at Wembley, imagine Wembley take a significant slice? Other than that do the finalists share the revenue or all four teams? The attendance for the final this season could well be double what we had last season.

Seem to remember as well that we don't get much if anything from sky for the live coverage, which seems unfair if correct.
Think all teams in League 2 get a share of the wembley receipts

Steve H

Think I've just read we are going to get goal line technology introduced for the play off games....... it's the slippery slope to VAR

Oldsmobile-88

I believe the play offs are not included in the Sky EFL TV deal(I expect a few crumbs may be thrown)
I am not one to complain about that..Many football supporters moan about Sky messing around with match timings,but still want their club to drink from the same trough.

richard_portland

Think all teams in League 2 get a share of the wembley receipts

Oh really? That seems unfair to me.

Despite my criticisms at some of our tactics and performances it is a good achievement to reach the play offs two seasons running. I don't see why the sides who finished eighth or lower should get a share.

richard_portland

I believe the play offs are not included in the Sky EFL TV deal(I expect a few crumbs may be thrown)
I am not one to complain about that..Many football supporters moan about Sky messing around with match timings,but still want their club to drink from the same trough.
I can understand the criticism of sky, but if they are paying for the rights then imo clubs should get fair payment for being shown. The money for FA cup matches on tv is very good, but unless you are in the top two divisions I think the rest are treated poorly when it comes to league games. Can understand that regular league one and two games might not deserve bigger fees, but play offs are more popular.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Oh really? That seems unfair to me.

Despite my criticisms at some of our tactics and performances it is a good achievement to reach the play offs two seasons running. I don't see why the sides who finished eighth or lower should get a share.
I read it on the League 2 Forum, the person who posted it normally knows their stuff, but as it's not "official" it could be inaccurate

Oldsmobile-88

I think the rest are treated poorly when it comes to league games. Can understand that regular league one and two games might not deserve bigger fees, but play offs are more popular.
I expect the EFL & Sky will point to the share that all L2 clubs get from the TV money pool at the start of every season.
I think it’s in the region of 600k per season,yep peanuts in the daft money world of the PL,but a few crumbs from the rich teams plate.The smaller the crumb the bigger the fight for them amongst clubs like ours.

Red Devon

I read it on the League 2 Forum, the person who posted it normally knows their stuff, but as it's not "official" it could be inaccurate
Think it is true...pretty sure something similar was said about last seasons playoff campaign