• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz 2023

Stelios

Well that was great fun. As a part-time lurker I’ve been intrigued by the Quiz in the past but never participated (I think). It’s not just the ECFC facts you need but an encyclopaedic knowledge of Exeweb history and legends past and present. Made a few mistakes along the way as long running jokes and references passed me by but so what

Thank you Quiz Master and thank you to all the other players for putting up with me

(I did think Alistair20000 had it in the bag though :oops:)

I dread to think of the amount of time I spent looking for players who don’t exist on the Grecian Archive 😭

And as the old saying goes you never forget your first Roy (although I have actually forgotten)

Last edited:

Stelios

PS Don’t have nightmares

IMG_0552.jpeg
IMG_0550.png

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t know what you were all moaning about, I look at that table and immediately think of David Earl.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for a fab quiz Fred, I have a lot to live up to next year. I was very much the king of the one pointers so will have to get my thinking cap on for the fiendish questions but have been on eBay to purchase a Latin dictionary, a Devon good pub guide and 1001 things you can find in a cricket scorecard.

Merry Xmas everyone
Congratulations !(y)

Never mind about cricket, though. Stupid bleddy game.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks, fred, and very well done. (y)

I'm saying that even though I never want to see a :( again. You said "no" so often you reminded me of a girl I used to know.

Happy Christmas to all from the Hound.

Tim Long

Seems odd to logon to Exeweb and not have a dozen notifications that say "Fred Binneys Head reacted to your post with:("

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don’t know what you were all moaning about, I look at that table and immediately think of David Earl.
Or Derek Extras - Lovely Bloke

Alistair20000

So do I but mainly in awe of Mr Dozen for solving it :)

ecfc70

Well done FBH on a great quiz this year, I'm thrilled to have not drawn a blank
Have a peaceful Christmas everyone and let's hope that santa delivers us a belated 3 points on boxing day
UTC

Spoonz Red E

You're right.
Looking again I'm surprised I didn't spot it. :cool: