• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz 2023

haka

I missed out partly because the final round was more for Speedsters than Searchers, which is fair enough. Testing recall and knowledge instead of free time available to get lost on the internet.

But I'll wear my yellow card with pride. Youse are all wimps.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Relax with a cool refreshing Vimto and watch those EAC blues drift away!

You can't ignore the quiz once it's in full flight and have to schedule your day around it. Lying awake trying to make some asociation between a singer and a lump of poo and then trying to work out how that pertains to Exeter City is, actually quite surreal. Having said that it did take me a week to realised that it had started, my time management went mad! got me through a period of bed bound man flu, it also got me chuckedout of the marital bed as my wife got fed up with me in the early hours shouting Eureka!, waking up all excited only to find me researching the internet.

As I said earlier, I've never learnt so much sh*t about f*ck all in such a short space of time as I do during quiz month.

Brilliant job Fred, have the rest of the year off!

And off to Spodman (start compiling that dossier now!)

Bridgy 81

I'll wear my yellow card with pride. Youse are all wimps.
[/QUOTE]
I would have loved a yellow card, which would have nicely mirrored my own playing days (along time ago).
Mine then were often for backchat but I’m afraid also for more physical transgressions.
At least I can only be guilty of one of those on here.

STURTZ

.....most of all it took our minds off the football!

Alistair20000

Now that it’s all wrapped up and with the final table posted I would like to thank fbh properly.

I know from past experience that this Quiz with so many questions offered must have taken a lot of time to put together and running the two threads over the 23 days needed a lot of time, judgment, care and attention. Especially as I understand you hold down a senior professional business position.

Lots of different types of question to test a variety of skills and the Quiz was run very fairly if I may say so. The F word rarely featured.

Plenty of good banter as always and lots of fun.

Good to see spodders, Old Canned Fruits and haka doing so well having not featured strongly in the past IIRC. Always good to see competitors upping their game as us veterans start to wear out.

A further well done to @spodman for such a strong late surge to grab the crown tonight. Mrs A2K says you are a hero for beating me off and avoiding a year of me blathering on about looking for Quiz questions. :)

spodman

Thanks for a fab quiz Fred, I have a lot to live up to next year. I was very much the king of the one pointers so will have to get my thinking cap on for the fiendish questions but have been on eBay to purchase a Latin dictionary, a Devon good pub guide and 1001 things you can find in a cricket scorecard.

Merry Xmas everyone

fred binneys head

The final table never lies spodman, you deserved it and did well to beat Alistair20000, not many can do that when he's on form. Spoonz showed glimpses but wasn't active enough to threaten. At the end of the day, you won and you deserved to win. Good luck next year!

Alistair20000

it also got me chuckedout of the marital bed as my wife got fed up with me in the early hours shouting Eureka!, waking up all excited only to find me researching the internet.
May I say a bit too much information here STURTZ :)

spodman

Loving the new profile pic Fred. Think it’s gonna be very popular 😆

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amazing Quiz that came down to the wire - Congratulations to Spodman who must have the fastest fingers on Exeweb. Well done to everyone that took part a very impressive list on the scoreboard.
Most of all well done to Fred superb quiz hell of alot of work and time gone into that despite your busy work life, a visit to spain and a gig - incredible effort 👏👏👏

I have learnt I dont like Porcshes or Clowns but I now Luv David Earl

Until next year - sleep well all