• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

les.gtfc

Re: The Conference thread

Agree 100% with this post. I wouldnt want to go back there but doesnt stop me from following what goes on in the Conference closely nowadays. Just asks Oldsmobile.....he will be charging me rent next season if I keep going around to his place watching all the Conference games on Premier Sports!!

:D
Premier Sports are scrapping Conference games next season mate so the TV rights are back up for grabs.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster

Premier Sports are scrapping Conference games next season mate so the TV rights are back up for grabs.
I will cancel my subscription now....

That is bad news for the Conference,although the deal was probably not a patch on the one that Setanta had with them,at least it was better than nothing...

Bring back ConferenceTV.....:D......At least all of the games were covered in 5 minute highlights for the princely sum of £25 a season....I can't see that back if i'm honest..

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster

Would be good if someone won the rights for next season as I do enjoy watching the Conference games. Perhaps ESPN might give it a go?

Grecian2K

Perhaps ESPN might give it a go?
BBC Devon mate [tap]

Sp*rks can use the gig as research for 2012-13 <ar-giggle>

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster

Well done to Wimbledon. 2 clubs out of the 92 are now Trust-owned.

Still a long way to go.

Oldsmobile-88

Would be good if someone won the rights for next season as I do enjoy watching the Conference games. Perhaps ESPN might give it a go?
Looks unlikely.ESPN had the chance to take over the TV rights when they picked up the Premier League rights when Setanta went bust....They were on the generous side,each club picked up around 100k iirc.With a clause to show every club at least once home & away...There was no way ESPN were going to do that.....Though they may be intrested in doing it 'on the cheap' as Premier Sports did it this season....

Lots of clubs moaned (rightly) about Setanta switching KO times & match days at shortish notice...But the exposure they all got will not be repeated(or the money) again.....What other broadcaster would have had live broadcasts from Farsley,Droylsden & Northwich(red faced smiley thing)..

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster

What other broadcaster would have had live broadcasts from Farsley,Droylsden & Northwich(red faced smiley thing)..
This one you mean Russ >>> :$

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

This one you mean Russ >>> :$
Thats the one Steve....Anyone watching that game on TV,would have switched channels after about 30 minutes.....

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster

Good video of Saturday's shoot out from behind the goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC0ICDJiR9M

arthur

With two more non league clubs going up and two more proper league clubs coming down, the Conference is looking more and more like the fourth division of days gone by containing as it does:

Proper league clubs:
Luton
Wrexham
Lincoln
Stockport
Darlington
York
Grimsby
Mansfield
Cambridge - properish, depending on how old you are

Plus those revived from near/total death:
Newport