• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

les.gtfc

Re: The Conference thread

Bit meaningless at the minute but next seasons odds are already up.

3/1 Luton
13/2 Wrexham
15/2 Darlington
15/2 Mansfield
9/1 York
9/1 Lincoln
10/1 Newport
11/1 Fleetwood
14/1 Grimsby
18/1 Stockport
22/1 Kidderminster
25/1 Cambridge
25/1 Forest Green
40/1 Rushden
50/1 Kettering
50/1 Alfreton
66/1 Bath
80/1 Telford
100/1 Gateshead
100/1 Ebbsfleet
125/1 Barrow
200/1 Braintree
200/1 Tamworth
250/1 Hayes &Yeading.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster

The Forest Gumps only 25-1????

WTF! :-O

les.gtfc

The Forest Gumps only 25-1????

WTF! :-O
That's what I though. Apparantly they have an eccentric millionaire owner who is rumoured to be about to splash the cash.

I think I'll wait a bit longer as many clubs (including us) only have 7 or 8 contracted players at the minute. 14/1 for us might be decent value if we can bring the right sort of players in.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

City send their congratulations to AFC Wimbledon

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2364548,00.html

StroudGrecian

That's what I though. Apparantly they have an eccentric millionaire owner who is rumoured to be about to splash the cash.
Dale Vince OBE, environmentalist and owner of Ecotricity, one of the leading green energy companies in the UK.

He of the red meat ban at the ground earlier this season.

exile in wales

this has got to be the hardest league to get out of .... and getting harder every year , down and straight back up is not a right of passage as we well know , we are a better football club for our time here and it was so so hard at the time but looking back probably loseing our 1st wembley final did us so much good.

Grecian2K

this has got to be the hardest league to get out of .... and getting harder every year.
Indeed, the top half of that list looks at least as daunting (if not more so) than League 2 - esp with only the derisory two promo slots.

Makes the "security" of 8th in League One feel even more comforting.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster

this has got to be the hardest league to get out of .... and getting harder every year , down and straight back up is not a right of passage as we well know , we are a better football club for our time here and it was so so hard at the time but looking back probably loseing our 1st wembley final did us so much good.
Agree 100% with this post. I wouldnt want to go back there but doesnt stop me from following what goes on in the Conference closely nowadays. Just asks Oldsmobile.....he will be charging me rent next season if I keep going around to his place watching all the Conference games on Premier Sports!!

:D

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Agree 100% with this post. I wouldnt want to go back there but doesnt stop me from following what goes on in the Conference closely nowadays. Just asks Oldsmobile.....he will be charging me rent next season if I keep going around to his place watching all the Conference games on Premier Sports!!

:D
..:D...

The cat looks forward to seeing you mate....She was confused when Sumns was sat on the sofa & did not know who to sit on...

That is a good price for Luton next season.....

Oldsmobile-88

Wasn't that Heybridge Swifts at home in the FA Trophy??
Yes,thats what i thought.....Those Heybridge supporters got into the ground at 4-15pm

When we played AFC Wimbledon in the FA Cup,they packed out the away end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-1-sxlICuM