• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Beer Lovers' Thread.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
My problem with this post is the capital letters FBH

#pedantscorner
Delusions of grandeur, poor chap.

fred binneys head

Since my earlier posts, you can now get 0% Thatchers Cider and 0% Guinness, both of which are bloody lovely.

21+ years teetotal and counting….

mustangspeed2006

Since my earlier posts, you can now get 0% Thatchers Cider and 0% Guinness, both of which are bloody lovely.

The selection of non-alcoholic beers has certainly improved in the past few years. In Germany, there are a number of 0% wheat beers that taste like the real thing. I haven't seen 0% Guinness here yet though.

fred binneys head

I loved visiting Germany (3 times), they had several non-alcoholic beers on draught in most places 👍

Oldsmobile-88

In addition to the lost posters :( it is a pity the pictures have been lost.
Aye...ReggieT42 (RIP) sat in front of me with his friends Steve & Anita. All real ale connoisseurs. Their advice on which ale pubs to go to at away games was wasted on me ! I like fizzy stuff 😁

Reggie AKA Robin must have been gone for about 10 years. The big C got him, after it was in remission for a few years.🙁 Even after he was rediagnosed, he did the 42mile walk from Exeter to Yeovil (in a day !) in aid of The Adam Stansfield Foundation. Frigging amazing for a fella in his mid 50s.

Is Beavertown Neck Oil IPA a profanity on this thread 😁😎 ?

Oldsmobile-88

I tried the Thatchers Zero in the All Stars Bar last week, I concur.

iscalad

Aye...ReggieT42 (RIP) sat in front of me with his friends Steve & Anita. All real ale connoisseurs. Their advice on which ale pubs to go to at away games was wasted on me ! I like fizzy stuff 😁

Reggie AKA Robin must have been gone for about 10 years. The big C got him, after it was in remission for a few years.🙁 Even after he was rediagnosed, he did the 42mile walk from Exeter to Yeovil (in a day !) in aid of The Adam Stansfield Foundation. Frigging amazing for a fella in his mid 50s.

If you don't mention it came in a can, you may get away with it.😶🌫

STURTZ

Yeah ReggieT42, one of my favourite ever posters. RIP.

Alistair20000

Nearly 10 years. Where have they gone ?

I loved his posts on the Yay or Nay Threads. Almost always: "I need to see the ass"

Here is Fanny's post (FAN-TATIC) on 30 June 2013

It is with much sadness that I inform you of the death today of My good friend Reggie T-42.

Reggie, or his real name Robin Taylor was a true Exeter City fan, he had no 'second' club. Robin was diagnosed with terminal cancer 7 years ago. At that time he was given a 20 percent chance of surviving 5 years. He went to all City games home and away, although on the odd occasion he was not well enough to do so.

Despite his illness Robin completed the Yeovil Walk for the Stansfield Foundation, he helped clear the ice and snow to allow games to go ahead and assisted in the painting of the barriers behind the away end. He also saw the Moxey 21 Shirt being auctioned on E-Bay and promptly bought it is it remained in the possession of true City fans. He presented it to the Stansfield Foundation.

He had a wicked sense of humour, was great company and Exeter City have lost a true fan.

Robin leaves a wife and a daughter.

Rest in peace Robin, I am so proud to be considered a friend of yours.

Sorry, I couldn't find the obituary thread.

arthur

Shingle Bay from Salcombe Brewery, sourced from Morrisons. Not at all bad