• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Beer Lovers' Thread.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
A clue for the kids. If it comes in a can, it doesn't count.
Does this still count? I had Ghost Ship from a can the other week.

Swanaldo

Did you pour it into a glass first?

angelic upstart

Did you pour it into a glass first?
The first few, yes. After that, no. Proper heathen, me.

Alistair20000

Love Betty Stogs me...
Error

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
My understanding is that the buyers are relatively local, & that their intention is to maintain the "brand identity" of the Skinners beers. They're also intending to return to brewing at the Skinners brewery in Truro, making no changes to the infrastructure there either.

Fingers crossed that this works out for the best.

STURTZ

St Peter's Organic Ale. Came in a bottle that looked like it should've had gin in it and was almost completely tasteless.
Had a bottle of St Peter's Plum Porter yesterday, not half bad, love a plum porter me. Don't have to look back too far on this thread to find some much loved and sorely missed Exeweb legends.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had a bottle of St Peter's Plum Porter yesterday, not half bad, love a plum porter me. Don't have to look back too far on this thread to find some much loved and sorely missed Exeweb legends.
Yeah I like that Plum Porter too. Mind you I'm a bit of a sucker for Mild or a good Stout but it's all about Lager now, you're hard pressed to find a decent Brown Ale too.

STURTZ

If you're looking for plum porter check out Titanic Plum Porter, brewed in Stoke funnily enough. Strong fruity taste.

Alistair20000

In addition to the lost posters :( it is a pity the pictures have been lost.

I have some St Peter’s Plum Porter received as a Christmas present. Looking forward to drinking it.

Alistair20000

I wonder if I can get permission to join this thread? I don't drink alcohol. There, I've said it - deal with it. Despite drinking like a fish when I was a student, I reduced my intake and now haven't touched a drop for the last 7 years for medical reasons.

However, I like Cobra Non-Alcoholic Beer and also the 0% St. Miguel, particularly the one you can get in Spain which is flavoured like apples.

I appreciate I am likely to be publicly stoned to death for joining this thread, but am brave enough to stand up and say "my name is Fred Binneys Head and I don't drink alcohol". Any problems with that, outside now.
My problem with this post is the capital letters FBH

#pedantscorner