• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ten Tors 2009

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Look forward to hearing your progress. Like Moxey in the post above, am intrigued how this all works, pics etc might help. Am happy to make a small sponsorship donation as well.
Thanks, and pics are a good idea - will get the chauffer onto it!

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless it has changed, the routes are on small tarmac roads and the tracks used by the Army. I know it is not 'off-road' as such but with the weather that gets thrown at you up there it is still a task. Remember it is 3-4 degrees cooler on the high moor compared to sea level and wind speeds are general 2-3 times as strong .... Oh, and it rains more, especially over the west and central part of moor.
Thanks GJW :)
I was told its over all terrain not just the roads.
I did train in the rain last week but only light rain, it needs to be much heavier to get me used to the conditions up there! It is supposed to be much heavier rain this week so i cant wait to get out there to start getting a real sense of how its going to be!*-)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am hoisted out of my chair and onto my special trike which has a gear system.
And as mentioned above i go along tracks not actually over the torrs. i have only ever gone around the running track at school and on the flat road outside home but i've only ever done max 400 metres!
Then I really do take my hat off to you and wish you the very best of luck. We hear so much crap about kids today that it's completely refreshing to hear of you doing this - if only there were more people in this world as brave and determined as you.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Todays update
I have had a very high temperature in the night so will not be trainning today - gutted :(

Antony Moxey

Pah, lightweight. I take back everything I said in my previous post.

Get back out there you big girl.

:D

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pah, lightweight. I take back everything I said in my previous post.

Get back out there you big girl.

:D
Its the chauffer who said i cant go school or do any trainning!
Mr Moxey you made us LOL - and that hasnt happend around here for a while! Thanks[y]

Antony Moxey

Its the chauffer who said i cant go school or do any trainning!
What??? Perhaps your chauffuer needs reminding who pays his wages - the temerity of it all to even imagine he can speak out of turn.

**calls down to West Wing** Jeeves, get yourself down to Greg's gaff and make sure that bloody chauffuer knows his place. Take the Bentley too, it's about time we showed the new money how things work and what's expected of them. And bring a nice piece of venison back for dinner on your way back too.

Greg, you have much to learn, the most important of which appears to be ensuring the servants remember just where they are in the pecking order.

;)

Grecian1987

Greg,

Great to hear that you're taking part in this fantastic event - I know a couple of people and they say it was one of the most worthwhile things they've ever done. I wish you all the best.

How did you go about applying? What are the requirements, and what training do you need to undertake (by you, I mean you in general, plus any other training someone like myself would undertake, if any different). I'm genuinely interested in partaking one year - I have done many walks across Dartmoor over my (short amount of) years, but nothing like Ten Tors.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Greg,

Great to hear that you're taking part in this fantastic event - I know a couple of people and they say it was one of the most worthwhile things they've ever done. I wish you all the best.

How did you go about applying? What are the requirements, and what training do you need to undertake (by you, I mean you in general, plus any other training someone like myself would undertake, if any different). I'm genuinely interested in partaking one year - I have done many walks across Dartmoor over my (short amount of) years, but nothing like Ten Tors.
I am doing it through my school and as for info if you google Ten Tors Dartmoor the website will come up and all the info you need should be there.[y]

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
What??? Perhaps your chauffuer needs reminding who pays his wages - the temerity of it all to even imagine he can speak out of turn.

**calls down to West Wing** Jeeves, get yourself down to Greg's gaff and make sure that bloody chauffuer knows his place. Take the Bentley too, it's about time we showed the new money how things work and what's expected of them. And bring a nice piece of venison back for dinner on your way back too.

Greg, you have much to learn, the most important of which appears to be ensuring the servants remember just where they are in the pecking order.

;)
second time today you made me LOL
The chauffer has learnt her lesson! ;)