• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ten Tors 2009

Red & White

Good luck with your training Greg!

happy harry

hope u do well greg.
i'm hoping 2 do it but i don't know witch 1 to do.
wot 1's r there 2 do?

Idealine

hope u do well greg.
i'm hoping 2 do it but i don't know witch 1 to do.
wot 1's r there 2 do?
It changes depending on your age-group.

If your in school year 9, then your limited to the 35 mile (The Shortest)

Year 10, you can do 35 or 45 miles.

Then finally year 11 or sixth form allows you to do 55 miles.

happy harry

It changes depending on your age-group.

If your in school year 9, then your limited to the 35 mile (The Shortest)

Year 10, you can do 35 or 45 miles.

Then finally year 11 or sixth form allows you to do 55 miles.
yes i am in school. year 9 so i would do the 35 mile

mammooman

Good luck Greg, I will be working with the photographer next year so give us a wave.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good luck Greg, I will be working with the photographer next year so give us a wave.
Cool, will do.

Todays update - was unwell all night so no trainning today. As i said before i will get through any barrier so hope to get on my trike tomorrow.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Asking from a position of complete ignorance here, but do you really have to go over moorland in a wheelchair? Just how on earth do you manage that? Hats off to you if you do, but either way best of luck however you manage it.

[y]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Look forward to hearing your progress. Like Moxey in the post above, am intrigued how this all works, pics etc might help. Am happy to make a small sponsorship donation as well.

GJW

Unless it has changed, the routes are on small tarmac roads and the tracks used by the Army. I know it is not 'off-road' as such but with the weather that gets thrown at you up there it is still a task. Remember it is 3-4 degrees cooler on the high moor compared to sea level and wind speeds are general 2-3 times as strong .... Oh, and it rains more, especially over the west and central part of moor.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Asking from a position of complete ignorance here, but do you really have to go over moorland in a wheelchair? Just how on earth do you manage that? Hats off to you if you do, but either way best of luck however you manage it.

[y]
I am hoisted out of my chair and onto my special trike which has a gear system.
And as mentioned above i go along tracks not actually over the torrs. i have only ever gone around the running track at school and on the flat road outside home but i've only ever done max 400 metres!