• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

pct333

Anyone know why Ward has replaced Maxted?
Just got home and not read the thread but Jonny Maxted has a side strain.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ajose and Matt Jay should start the next game, Think they will be a strong force up front.
I think Law has been indifferent in the last couple of games and may benefit from a rest; with that in mind, would be very happy to see MJ take his place for the Stevenage game.

What’s more, we’re struggling for goals at the minute and, while I haven’t done the maths, would wager Matt’s goals-to-minutes ratio is better than anyone else’s.

That said, given Matt wasn’t in the 18 today until Jonny Maxted succumbed to injury, not sure how likely this is.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
So are Notts County.

It's so sad when we get pleas from clubs like Bury or Chesterfield asking to be spared admimistration or disbandment when they have such proud records in the league. Proud? Ripping off creditors, cheating competitors by adopting unfair advantage? Tough ****, be sustainable or get your just deserts when it all goes tits up. Suckers.
Either you've not been a fan of Exeter long or are very poor at self-reflection.

Reactions: WXF

Dannyred

I think Law has been indifferent in the last couple of games and may benefit from a rest; with that in mind, would be very happy to see MJ take his place for the Stevenage game.

What’s more, we’re struggling for goals at the minute and, while I haven’t done the maths, would wager Matt’s goals-to-minutes ratio is better than anyone else’s.

That said, given Matt wasn’t in the 18 today until Jonny Maxted succumbed to injury, not sure how likely this is.
I just don’t get why Matt Jay is so overlooked by Matt Taylor.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just don’t get why Matt Jay is so overlooked by Matt Taylor.
Think it's because we have more effective players than him in any of the positions he can fill.

Dannyred

Not read all the thread but what went on in the stands towards the end of the match with the stewards?

Dannyred

Think it's because we have more effective players than him in any of the positions he can fill.
I think jay and ajose would be more effective linking up than bowman and martin who have lacked goals.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You say that and yet, as I said previously, I’d wager MJ’s goals-to-minutes ratio is better than anyone’s. Plainly, it’s difficult for him to affect games when he’s getting so few minutes - even off the bench.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

1burnm

Not read all the thread but what went on in the stands towards the end of the match with the stewards?
Few Stone Island types taking the **** on their side of the cordon and a few of ours got excited and went over to have a go. That was all from what I saw.