• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Somebody started moaning about our keepers!
And I wonder who that was ? Next thing we know, you will be applying to Boris for your very own fishing quota. Lol !

STURTZ

Jones debut, was coming on as sub, when our keeper got red carded, and saving the resulting penalty. He of course will forever be in the record books for saving the first penalty at the new Wembley. Kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford and lots more.

But what has all this $hite got to do with the match at Swindon ? We have the Memories Forum now ?
All the best match day thread end this way, introduction,team line ups, moaning about coverage, minute by minute commentary, reaction by fans that were there, debate about referying decisions and the competance of certain City players, Pete pointing out things our keeper should have done, slagging off, Reminiscence. It was always thus.

Unfortunate for us that Pete remembers great goalie like George Hunter, Peter Shearing, Len Bond......all players that never ever made a mistake, never got caught out of position and could take a cross. All went on to play for England and ended their careers as national heroes.

(Actually fifty years ago we were absolutely awful, finishing outside the re election zone was a major acheivement and we made more money selling pimroses from the cowshed than we ever did from developing players.)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
All the best match day thread end this way, introduction,team line ups, moaning about coverage, minute by minute commentary, reaction by fans that were there, debate about referying decisions and the competance of certain City players, Pete pointing out things our keeper should have done, slagging off, Reminiscence. It was always thus.

Unfortunate for us that Pete remembers great goalie like George Hunter, Peter Shearing, Len Bond......all players that never ever made a mistake, never got caught out of position and could take a cross. All went on to play for England and ended their careers as national heroes.

(Actually fifty years ago we were absolutely awful, finishing outside the re election zone was a major acheivement and we made more money selling pimroses from the cowshed than we ever did from developing players.)
Sorry cannot let this go without comment. George Hunter was one of the best keepers I have seen play for City.

He came to us as a cup winner with Celtic was quite slightly built but very brave.

His career was sadly cut short after breaking his leg when being caught with a nasty tackle by a Port Vale forward when running out from his 6 yard box to clear an incoming ball at what is now the away end of SJP.

PeteUSA

Sorry cannot let this go without comment. George Hunter was one of the best keepers I have seen play for City.

He came to us as a cup winner with Celtic was quite slightly built but very brave.

His career was sadly cut short after breaking his leg when being caught with a nasty tackle by a Port Vale forward when running out from his 6 yard box to clear an incoming ball at what is now the away end of SJP.

Yep, and a sad ending that was. I videdly recall after the match, the ambulance men trying to manoeuvre George on a stretcher down over all those stone steps behind the OG. With Frank Broome assuring George he'd "drive over to see the missus". No luxury of telephones in those days.

STFC since 1879

I have watched them occasionally when pressured by my former boss, however, my allegiance is totally ECFC.
I respect that and fair play to you

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Abuse in the workplace
He's one of those 'lucky' people who support two footy teams after his family arrived in Swindon after the mass exodus from London's East End. When West Ham took over the Olympic Stadium he cajoled a half dozen of us to go on a sightseeing tour of the joint. Needless to say I upstaged the fecker by photographing wheelie bins I had parked in front of a large wall mural of the West Ham badge.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Six goals in 1,190 minutes for MJ. Who do you think has a better return than that?

By comparison, Bowman has 11 goals and must have played circa three times as many minutes.
MJ now has eight goals - not to mention a significant number of assists [two more last night] - in less than 1,400 minutes.

Any further thoughts Edwin?! ;-)