• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

Dannyred

So does anyone know what happened towards the end with the stewards and city fans ?

Legohead

Banned
So does anyone know what happened towards the end with the stewards and city fans ?
Probably just a few knobs which you're gonna get in an away following of that size. No big deal I wouldn't have thought.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d wager MJ’s goals-to-minutes ratio is better than anyone’s.
You can wager that if you want, but it's simply not true as a matter of straightforward fact.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
2,065 Grecians at The County Ground today.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can wager that if you want, but it's simply not true as a matter of straightforward fact.
Six goals in 1,190 minutes for MJ. Who do you think has a better return than that?

By comparison, Bowman has 11 goals and must have played circa three times as many minutes.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Six goals in 1,190 minutes for MJ. Who do you think has a better return than that?

By comparison, Bowman has 11 goals and must have played circa three times as many minutes.
Another comparison the team 6 League goals this decade to date.

grecIAN Harris

First things first, the wind destroyed what should have been a really good game. Unfortunately Swindon adapted far better both with and against the wind better than we did. I was bemused by Matt Taylor's decision to go with four at the back and leave Ajose out to accommodate it. Deano has been a great servant to the club and can still do a decent job as part of a back three but is a car crash waiting to happen at left back. Ajose is back fit, raring to go, against a former club and somebody who can take the pressure off of Bowman with the supply of goals. I just didn't get Taylor's logic to change the shape we've played virtually all season.
If I haven't already missed it, I'm waiting to see Pete's usual comment about how great the ref was. He wasn't Pete. He was conned time and again by Swindon's ability to fall over a blade of grass. The one time I thought the officials had finally woken up to was in the second half when Nicky Law pressured, forced a mistake down the right hand and was about to square the ball for an almost certain equaliser only for the lino to wait a full five or six seconds before sticking his flag to give a free kick for falling over said blade if grass.
Parkes needs a rest. He's gone from looking the most frightening centre half in League to nothing more than park player capable of only giving City fans nightmares in the space if three games.
At the end of the day, the better, more adaptable team on the day won.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Not wanting to sound bitter as Swindon were clearly the better team today, but I'd almost say it's cheating to design your ground to be a wind tunnel. Because that's what it is. Law and Williams are both decent players but they couldn't get the ball of the ground taking corners. Perhaps if we played in a wind tunnel every fortnight we'd know how to handle it better. Unfair advantage in my view. Fantastic support by City.

IndoMike

I think our team is a bit predictable. It's more or less the same system and more or less the same players. You know we're going to play Bowman up front and that if you have a decent centre half then he's not going to do much. You know Williams is the danger man (but there's not a lot you can do about that). And you know Law is our playmaker. And that 's it regarding attack.
if you nullify a couple of our players then we can't do much. As a result of that our defense comes under a lot of pressure and can crack.
We all love Matt T and he's done really well getting us as far as he has. I'd like to see him be a bit more tactical and also shake things up a little bit. I'd like to see Randall given more game time. With Randell and Randall on the wings we can stretch their defense and give them something to think about. And Randall is confident enough to dribble towards the penalty area and shoot.
If Law is having an off day,take him off after 60.minutes and bring on Jay. He s a clever player and can shoot, too.
Losing against Swindon away considering all the circumstances is not a disaster, but Matt needs to be a bit more proactive during the game and introspective afterwards

IndoMike

Ridiculous. Looks very much as if the lino, who was no more than a few yards away, saw no foul, but belatedly raises his flag when the ref, who’s much further away, whistles.
Looks like Matt T wasn't impressed with the ref.:

"Jake took a bad challenge, and Lee (Martin) had a few fouls against him, and then we got booked for our first foul,” he said. “The management of the crowd in terms of officials is always going to be like that, and our first foul was always going to be a booking while the home team away got a couple".

Never heard "crowd management" before, but we know what it means