• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Promotion winning teams:
Banks & Curtis
Beer & Kellow
Rowbotham & Neville
Logan & Stansfield.
A little bit of historical revisionism going on here. The much-maligned Bowman and Martin partnership has already scored more goals than Logan and Stansfield did together in our last promotion season - Bowman himself has as many as Stanno did that season, and he was top scorer!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
A little bit of historical revisionism going on here. The much-maligned Bowman and Martin partnership has already scored more goals than Logan and Stansfield did together in our last promotion season - Bowman himself has as many as Stanno did that season, and he was top scorer!
Well, SEA, it was not intended to be revisionist or to malign. I was just trying to highlight the point that our promoted teams had a goalscoring, twin - prong attack. But you're right to correct me because I did think Logan and Stansfield had scored more together. Just an impression, I guess . In that case, onwards and upwards with Bowman and Martin

PeteUSA

Quite possibly, but, was it intentional? No. Was his hand or arm hanging in an unnatural position? No. Also Taylor made no mention of it in the post match interview. And he would have been all over it if he felt there was any injustice.

manc grecian

He controlled it with his hand. Parkes with another great clearance beforehand

Red Devon

Obviously the conditions played a big part in the game yesterday with Doughty and Jaiyesimi showing everyone inside the County ground how to put a ball into the box with the wind how it was....practically every corner or cross they put over was extremely difficult to defend and looked like something could come of it with Doughty coming close to putting two or three corners into the top corner himself.....and then second half what was so disappointing for me City failed to put a decent corner or cross into the Swindon box all half most of them under shoulder height.....thought Moxey had a good game along with Sweeney, AM and RW....Bowman and Lee Martin hardly did anything between them...overall we weren’t terrible but we are finding it very difficult to win games unless we keep a clean sheet.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obviously the conditions played a big part in the game yesterday with Doughty and Jaiyesimi showing everyone inside the County ground how to put a ball into the box with the wind how it was....practically every corner or cross they put over was extremely difficult to defend and looked like something could come of it with Doughty coming close to putting two or three corners into the top corner himself.....and then second half what was so disappointing for me City failed to put a decent corner or cross into the Swindon box all half most of them under shoulder height.....thought Moxey had a good game along with Sweeney, AM and RW....Bowman and Lee Martin hardly did anything between them...overall we weren’t terrible but we are finding it very difficult to win games unless we keep a clean sheet.
This is how I saw the game too. Not terrible just not good enough. I'm not sure you can berate the team or manager for that. We were always going to have a wobble. The important thing now is to ensure it is just a wobble. Here's to getting back to winning ways on Saturday

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
So many plastic day trippers who thought they were watching man city. The ***** next to me in his stone island top was moaning from the first minute. Never got behind the team even when we equalised. Shameful "support".

DB9

So many plastic day trippers who thought they were watching man city. The ***** next to me in his stone island top was moaning from the first minute. Never got behind the team even when we equalised. Shameful "support".
Why would someone pay to watch a match, Away from home, Pay for fuel/train/bus to not get behind the team? Sounds like a waste of money on their part if that is correct

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is how I saw the game too. Not terrible just not good enough. I'm not sure you can berate the team or manager for that. We were always going to have a wobble. The important thing now is to ensure it is just a wobble. Here's to getting back to winning ways on Saturday
I thought that given everything that was stacked against - injuries, unsympathetic ref etc - we actually competed against Swindon pretty well and weren’t blown away by the team who look like finishing as champions.