• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ian, I wouldn't have expected Tivvy to take anywhere near 500 to Taunton. Their home gates are only around 230! Taunton are actually a pretty well supported club and a number of Yeovil fans seem resigned to them becoming their derby game in a few years time :)
Maybe I'm wrong but my experience of those two clubs are fans come out of the woodwork for the 'big games' like they do at any other club. Add in the Boxing Day factor and I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm not that far off.

Temporarily Exiled

Ian, I think you're losing sight a bit of the fact that Yeovil is really not a very big town. Their population is just 45,000. Whats that, about one third of ours? The football following citizens who are Yeovil fans are probably about right, given that population. They've got a nice ground and facilities, but I dont quite know how they stay in business given their low income.
Three years ago (still League Two), they brought 1,247 to SJP to see their side lose 3–2. They do have fans, but they're staying away because the club is a shambles, they're in free fall right now.