• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Temporarily Exiled

Most impressive there is Cambridge or us.
Cambridge is only an hour by car from Milton Keynes, one of their shortest away trips of the season.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Most impressive there is Cambridge or us.
I was thinking Carlisle. I know it's only 71 miles and 1hr 15 minutes of M6 but when was the last time you saw us take 1700 to Bristol.

fred binneys head

Cambridge is only an hour by car from Milton Keynes, one of their shortest away trips of the season.
Yeah but look at their form and where they are in the table. Compare that to Yeovil’s following at our place. Fair play to Cambridge.

grecIAN Harris

Yeah but look at their form and where they are in the table. Compare that to Yeovil’s following at our place. Fair play to Cambridge.
Yeovil's following in every manner was shambolic. Just over 500 on a Boxing Day fixture and those that actually came were mute in terms of vocal support.

fred binneys head

I was thinking Carlisle. I know it's only 71 miles and 1hr 15 minutes of M6 but when was the last time you saw us take 1700 to Bristol.
Fair point, that is impressive from Carlisle.

Oldsmobile-88

Yeovil's following in every manner was shambolic. Just over 500 on a Boxing Day fixture and those that actually came were mute in terms of vocal support.
Indeed..Compare them to the noise that less than half of that amount made from Grimsby.

That was a good turnout for Cambridge,especially the form they are in..Great turnout from Carlisle.They sold out their allocation & possibly could have mustered a few more..

PeteUSA

Ian, I think you're losing sight a bit of the fact that Yeovil is really not a very big town. Their population is just 45,000. Whats that, about one third of ours? The football following citizens who are Yeovil fans are probably about right, given that population. They've got a nice ground and facilities, but I dont quite know how they stay in business given their low income.

StroudGrecian

Takes at least 1.5 hrs once you've negotiated Black Cat and Caxton Gibbet - often nearer 2 hrs.

For a town the same size as Exeter, Cheltenham's 205 at Yeovil looks a bit rubbish - though that too is at least 2 hrs drive.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Ian, I think you're losing sight a bit of the fact that Yeovil is really not a very big town. Their population is just 45,000. Whats that, about one third of ours? The football following citizens who are Yeovil fans are probably about right, given that population. They've got a nice ground and facilities, but I dont quite know how they stay in business given their low income.
They've still got a reasonable fan base across Somerset as Somersets only League club. Tiverton played at Taunton Boxing Day and had nearly 1400 there. I would expect that a third of them were Tivvy fans. So that's nearly 500 Tivvy fans going to 7th tier game on the same day that City are at home and you still think that the Yeovil turn out was decent??? Yes you can argue it's half the distance but like I said, it's seventh tier football when their local league club is at home.

Saint James

They've still got a reasonable fan base across Somerset as Somersets only League club. Tiverton played at Taunton Boxing Day and had nearly 1400 there. I would expect that a third of them were Tivvy fans. So that's nearly 500 Tivvy fans going to 7th tier game on the same day that City are at home and you still think that the Yeovil turn out was decent??? Yes you can argue it's half the distance but like I said, it's seventh tier football when their local league club is at home.
Ian, I wouldn't have expected Tivvy to take anywhere near 500 to Taunton. Their home gates are only around 230! Taunton are actually a pretty well supported club and a number of Yeovil fans seem resigned to them becoming their derby game in a few years time :)