• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You must have used freeze frame several times to deduce that!? In any event their keeper was terrible, bringing that whole penalty situation onto the team! And while our other goal was an excellent strike from that far out, the keeper really should have done better with it with an unobstructed view and so much time on his hands!
It certainly looked like a penalty watching it on real time on iFollow. I also wondered whether Matt Jay had been denied a clear goal-scoring opportunity and the defender should have been shown a red card.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It certainly looked like a penalty watching it on real time on iFollow. I also wondered whether Matt Jay had been denied a clear goal-scoring opportunity and the defender should have been shown a red card.
I thought the same, and I think had the challenge been given outside the area, there was a high probability of them being reduced to ten men.

Colesman Ballz

Double post

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think that stand we were in is awful. A big stand, but tight and cramped everywhere, especially "out the back" where the food outlet and toilets are. I'm not sure a stand like that would pass modern circulation and safety standards tbh.

Rocking up there yesterday really brought home to me how nice and pleasant old SJP is now. It has improved so much. The County Ground's only plus is the on site parking but, personally, I'd swap that for a decent ground any day.
There seem to be a lot of similar, sizeable but ramshackle old grounds in League 2 this season, usually with not many people in the stands - Vale Park, Boundary Park (except for the new stand), Blundell Park ... ... ...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, funnily enough I did the same thing & you're absolutely correct. Lee Martin cut his celebration short & got back into position pretty quickly too, whilst all the rest of the team, bar Christy, were flat out on top of Archie.
It's not like he even goes over to celebrate with Christy. What I love about Woody, though, is that on one hand he seems to like giving the impression of being dour and undemonstrative but on the other hand he wears different coloured boots.

denzel

There seem to be a lot of similar, sizeable but ramshackle old grounds in League 2 this season, usually with not many people in the stands - Vale Park, Boundary Park (except for the new stand), Blundell Park ... ... ...
I still prefer all of those to Colchester or even Yeovil.

Temporarily Exiled

I still prefer all of those to Colchester or even Yeovil.
Especially when it rains...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Confirmed as 683 away fans at Swindon.

Colesman Ballz

Confirmed as 683 away fans at Swindon.
For comparison other away attendances were :-

235 Port Vale at Lincoln
865 Mansfield at Grimsby
492 Crewe at Bury
456 Colchester at Crawley
593 Northampton at FGR
1383 Tranmere at Macclesfield
1048 Cambridge at MKD
1784 Carlisle at Morecambe
382 Notts Co at Oldham
150 Newport at Satanage
205 Cheltenham at Yeovil.

fred binneys head

Most impressive there is Cambridge or us.