• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like the 2 X Grecian Matts aren't thinking of City

Presumably he would have been a definite starter at City, now he's competing with three other strikers, which can't be good either for him or for Swansea.

I can only hope our targets are better than this

Bridgy 81

There’s always decent players available to sign from League of Ireland clubs and I notice some of them have joined teams in the EFL in recent days.
I can’t recall us signing anyone directly from Irish clubs in recent times and wonder whether our scouting/recruitment network operates there?

ExmouthMart

There’s always decent players available to sign from League of Ireland clubs and I notice some of them have joined teams in the EFL in recent days.
I can’t recall us signing anyone directly from Irish clubs in recent times and wonder whether our scouting/recruitment network operates there?
Ryan Swan……

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do think they may come after the first game, problem with a July start, and some contracts ending then. Yet I know it hasn't been a problem for other clubs, but we (rightly) squeeze every penny, and the host club paying the whole of July maybe one of them.
Don’t think this is a thing tbh. If the right player was there we aren’t going to skimp on a couple of weeks wages

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Presumably he would have been a definite starter at City, now he's competing with three other strikers, which can't be good either for him or for Swansea.

I can only hope our targets are better than this
Denz

I'm not so sure he would be a certain starter for us and I think that is probably part of the problem for MT. I think he is set on his plan A formation being the 3-5-2 which served us so well last year. I would say that our starting two up top in both Nombe and Brown are very good and MT is happy with this. Basically we play with one out and out forward to stretch the game and then a link forward in Brown. Obviously we need cover in this area if/when Nombe gets injured or needs a rest etc, and this is where we are drastically short, but it also means that the forward brought in may actually not start that many games which is probably a difficult sell.

It would be great to bring in a real quality forward to compete with Nombe or give us the option to play with two out and out forwards at time, but it may be a difficult sell so it will be interesting to see who MT is able to bring in.

Topsham Boy

Four signings says Taylor

Fine….but ‘facta non verba ’ and all that.

Today is the day for the first signing 🤞

Bridgy 81

Ryan Swan……
Good knowledge.
I hadn’t remembered him. I found an article on the club’s website about him joining us on a short term contract in February 2017. But I still didn’t remember him and it looks like he left again that summer, without playing for us.
He doesn’t even appear to feature in the Grecian Archive, presumably because he didn’t make any appearances.
I still reckon the RoI is a good place to keep an eye on for potential signings though.
I like the country and my wife’s from Dublin so maybe the club would set us up in some nice accommodation there for a few months each year, pay us a bit each month and buy me a season ticket at Bohemians in return for me submitting the occasional scouting report?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good knowledge.
I hadn’t remembered him. I found an article on the club’s website about him joining us on a short term contract in February 2017. But I still didn’t remember him and it looks like he left again that summer, without playing for us.
He doesn’t even appear to feature in the Grecian Archive, presumably because he didn’t make any appearances.
I still reckon the RoI is a good place to keep an eye on for potential signings though.
I like the country and my wife’s from Dublin so maybe the club would set us up in some nice accommodation there for a few months each year, pay us a bit each month and buy me a season ticket at Bohemians in return for me submitting the occasional scouting report?
What instead of using our own Irish connection? The Sweenz!

DJG.ECFC

Nothing winds me up more than how pessimistic our fans base is, every season it’s the same. Just read some absolute dross and panic on Twitter from some clueless idiots claiming that we are already as good as relegated and that they’d rather we sold all our key players as long as we sign some others. Except from Cam returning to shef wed which was always gunna happen, we’ve managed to keep our manager and our whole promotion squad together, this was by far the most important aspect of this window as we have a good group who get along well and most importantly we have momentum within this group. Yes we need a keeper and a striker but that was always going to be a loan, so was always going to come late in the window. Does anyone honestly think Matt is thick enough to start the season with no senior keeper and one proper striker? Even Cam himself didn’t sign until a couple days before the start of last season and look how that worked out.